Author Topic: MyIE2 Adware?!  (Read 18992 times)

bbfi

Re:MyIE2 Adware?!
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2004, 09:41:34 PM »
Opera may be very good. I really don't know. I want a free browser and to use Opera as free, you have to put up with ads. And that is a no-no to me. I tried Opera a while back and it just didn't make my day. But I have heard that there are a lot of people that love it. :)

The more competition out there is good for us all. Each company has to keep working hard to make a better browser or else stagnation comes into the equation and sooner or later the downfall occurs (remember Netscape?). ::)

And it seems that Microsoft has been doing the same thing with IE6. After defeating Netscape, there was really no competition for them and that breeds complacency and an outdated browser which needs a face lift, security fixes, and tabs (do you hear that Mr. Gates). :o

So, it is good that there are alternatives to IE now and that people feel so adamant about the one they are using. We sure don't want a world with just one browser that we all have to use whether we like it or not. :'(

S.Z.Craftec

« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2004, 10:26:46 PM »
...And it seems that Microsoft has been doing the same thing with IE6. After defeating Netscape, there was really no competition for them and that breeds complacency and an outdated browser which needs a face lift, security fixes, and tabs (do you hear that Mr. Gates). :o

Oh bbfi... you have to yell... Mr. gates has hearing problem.  ;D
Like this...

Do you hear that Mr. Gates ?!!
« Last Edit: March 13, 2004, 10:27:18 PM by S.Z.Craftec »

bbfi

« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2004, 10:36:06 PM »
What's that.  I can't hear you.  ;D ;D ;D

shgoh

« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2004, 02:57:35 AM »
my apologies sasha... :)...i don't mean to be rude....

by the way....have u try avant browser?...i tried it and seriously thinks it's the best extension to IE (since you are comfortable with IE)... :)

http://www.avantbrowser.com/

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #19 on: March 14, 2004, 03:38:50 AM »
by the way....have u try avant browser?...i tried it and seriously thinks it's the best extension to IE (since you are comfortable with IE)... :)
http://www.avantbrowser.com/

Could you compare it with MyIE2?
Could you tell us if the avast! Script Blocker provider work with it? (It seems to ignore - not work - with MyIE2). Thanks for your time.  ;)
The best things in life are free.

shgoh

« Reply #20 on: March 14, 2004, 06:23:16 AM »
Could you tell us if the avast! Script Blocker provider work with it? (It seems to ignore - not work - with MyIE2). Thanks for your time.  ;)

i'm sorry tech...i have not got avast pro to test the script blocking.. :-\

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #21 on: March 14, 2004, 02:05:05 PM »

i'm sorry tech...i have not got avast pro to test the script blocking.. :-\

shgoh, maybe you can consider buying it...  ;D
But, another Alwil member told me that MyIE2 and other browsers that use IE engine (clones) aren´t protected but will be in near future...
So, right now, the Script Blocker is not working for MyIE2  ;)

shgoh

« Reply #22 on: March 14, 2004, 02:36:33 PM »
shgoh, maybe you can consider buying it...  ;D
But, another Alwil member told me that MyIE2 and other browsers that use IE engine (clones) aren´t protected but will be in near future...
So, right now, the Script Blocker is not working for MyIE2  ;)

i would certainly love to buy the pro version... :)....but then i'm still a student with no income... :-\

just some enquiries about the pro licenses....if i buy the pro version for 1 year...that means i can't get program and virus updates after 1 year?... ???

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #23 on: March 14, 2004, 03:18:31 PM »
Just some enquiries about the pro licenses....if i buy the pro version for 1 year...that means I can't get program and virus updates after 1 year?... ???

I'm affraid that is how the things work... Anyway, you will be able to go back to Home (free) version after that or, I pray for it, you got some money, be rich, and could buy the Pro version for more one year. Oh, after one year, the price of the subscription is less than for the first one...  :D
« Last Edit: March 14, 2004, 03:29:28 PM by Technical »

shgoh

« Reply #24 on: March 14, 2004, 03:27:02 PM »
avast only accept credit cards?

by the way...thks tech for your reply

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #25 on: March 14, 2004, 03:30:58 PM »
avast only accept credit cards?

I'm not sure... Probably, because the sales are by the net.
Maybe you can send an email to sales@avast.com and ask for another type of payment.

CoJo

« Reply #26 on: March 14, 2004, 03:41:36 PM »
...And it seems that Microsoft has been doing the same thing with IE6. After defeating Netscape, there was really no competition for them and that breeds complacency and an outdated browser which needs a face lift, security fixes, and tabs (do you hear that Mr. Gates). :o

Oh bbfi... you have to yell... Mr. gates has hearing problem.  ;D
Like this...

Do you hear that Mr. Gates ?!!

;D ;D...
and you are so right!!

cojo

CoJo

« Reply #27 on: March 14, 2004, 03:42:55 PM »

bbfi...you are funny...thanks for making me laugh :)

cojo

S.Z.Craftec

« Reply #28 on: March 14, 2004, 04:56:03 PM »

And that's only because you had your speakers turned off...  ;D

bbfi

« Reply #29 on: March 14, 2004, 06:02:23 PM »
bbfi...you are funny...thanks for making me laugh
Any time CoJo. :D We need to laugh at times. ;D

And that's only because you had your speakers turned off...
What speakers? You mean those people in front of microphones? ::) :o :P ;) ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D Only kidding, Sasha. I need my speakers on so I can hear my Avast talk to me and sometimes that's quite often since it does its job so well. ;D ;D ;D