Author Topic: Installing SBS Premium on client workstations  (Read 3810 times)

hackercat.az

Installing SBS Premium on client workstations
« on: January 03, 2008, 06:13:14 AM »
Hi --

I have a very newbie question:

I've installed SBS Premium Suite on my server but I'm not sure how to proceed on the client workstations. I've searched Help topics and looked for anything I could find in the Knowledgebase but haven't been able to find any specific instructions for the clients. :P

Can you point me in the right direction?

Thanks & best regards

Offline Vlk

• Avast CEO
  • Serious Graphoman
  • Please don't send me IM's. Email only. Thx.
    • ALWIL Software
Re: Installing SBS Premium on client workstations
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2008, 12:41:59 PM »
Sure.

It all depends if you want to use ADNM (i.e. the remote management machinery) or your OK with (normal) avast Professional Edition simply installed on each of the workstations.

How many machines do you have on your network?

Thanks
Vlk
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving's not for you.

hackercat.az

Re: Installing SBS Premium on client workstations
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2008, 02:57:32 PM »
A very small network ... only 10 workstations with 2 others coming online in the next month or so. I've used avast! professional on my home p2p network for 5 years so i'm pretty comfortable with the software.

The business network where i'm installing is a migration from p2p to sbs 2003/sp2. The workstations are using stand-alone copies of pc-cillan, which does not work well in a networked environment.

We have a network manager who handles most of the network responsibilities, so I'm sure the feature set of ADNM would be a better choice ... I just wasn't sure where to find installation/usage documentation.