Author Topic: I want to ask some questions about avast free  (Read 1811 times)

Offline computerfun

I want to ask some questions about avast free
« on: May 06, 2023, 06:59:12 AM »
Hi would like to ask some questions about avast free antivirus.

Will Avast free remove viruses if and when I get a virus on my laptop or do I have to buy a suscription to another avast product before avast free can remove a virus from my laptop?

Thanks

Offline miguelgrado

• Advanced Poster
  • Admin ForoAntispyware
    • Foroantispyware
Re: I want to ask some questions about avast free
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2023, 03:10:16 PM »
The free version will detect and remove malware just like the paid version. The difference with the paid versions is in additional elements such as the wifi inspector, email account protection or firewall with additional protections

Offline David_27

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2023, 05:49:52 AM »
Is Avast Free Antivirus eventually going to be replaced with Avast One Essential, or will it continue to exist?

Offline Edvin3

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2023, 11:17:45 PM »
Hi there.

I have the free version of Avast and have now come across a problem that has never happened before. I love to watch anime on certain websites that are free and have always used Avasta to block viruses that infest the website and have therefore been able to watch many different series. But now, with the latest update 15.3, a problem has been raised. The videos are now being blocked by the service and I don't know how to fix it while still being protected by the service.

Pls help me.

Offline rocksteady

• Super Poster
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2023, 05:53:15 PM »
...But now, with the latest update 15.3, a problem has been raised. The videos are now being blocked by the service and I don't know how to fix it while still being protected by the service.
Update 15.3?
Which Avast product are you actually referring to?

Offline Edvin3

« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2023, 06:47:01 PM »
I'm referring to the Avast security program if I understand your question correctly.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2023, 09:15:02 PM »
...But now, with the latest update 15.3, a problem has been raised. The videos are now being blocked by the service and I don't know how to fix it while still being protected by the service.
Update 15.3?
Which Avast product are you actually referring to?

I'm referring to the Avast security program if I understand your question correctly.

The latest version of Avast Antivirus for Windows (the sub forum you are posting in) is 23.4.6062 (build 23.4.8118.762).  Avast 23.4.xxxx has just been released.
So version 15.3, doesn't even come close to this version for windows I have posted.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security