Author Topic: The option "Autoriser l'analyse HTTPS" block google on firefox (Avast Free)  (Read 953 times)

Offline vincefx

Hello,
Since several months i have a problem on firefox with all the website related to Google. Sometimes it works, sometimes no. its very random. I have already reinstall firefox and avast several times to try to fix the problem.

This morning, i realised that in Avast, when i turn off the option "autoriser l'analyse HTTPS", everything seems to be good.
Is it an important option?

Is there a way to keep this option and not having problem with google on firefox?
Thank you.

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
There isn't much to work with and the fact that it isn't consistent doesn't help (point to one thing only).

I don't have any issues with the "allow HTTPS scanning" (a default setting) and I use Firefox 113.0.1 version as my default browser (haven't yet updated to 113.0.2).

Firefox also has settings relating to HTTPS and also Tracking, see attached images of my settings.

What errors are you getting
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.4.6112 (build 24.4.9067.762) UI 1.0.803/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline vincefx

Hello, yes by default in firefox the https parameters were not ON. I have activate like you, but still the same problem if its also activate in Avast. I dont understand why..

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Hello, yes by default in firefox the https parameters were not ON. I have activate like you, but still the same problem if its also activate in Avast. I dont understand why..

They are different:
The one (in firefox) is enable Strict HTTPS connections, so some sites that don't support HTTPS would result in a warning in Firefox.  Why I asked about screenshots.

The one in Avast is to scan HTTPS sites/links/connections.  Or you would be leaving a gaping hole in your security, this is an Avast default setting and one which given the majority of sites support HTTPS connections, you should leave that setting in Avasts Web Shield settings.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.4.6112 (build 24.4.9067.762) UI 1.0.803/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security