Other > Viruses and worms
can someone look over my hijack this log for anything bad?
<< < (2/6) > >>
polonus:
Hi ltdanman44,

This should be fixed: O1 - Hosts: 87.106.166.63 www.winmx.com

Fire up HJT, tag it and click enter

But you also should run vundoFix against winfixer:
VundoFix.exe is a removal tool developed to remove Virtumonde infections. To use the tool follow the instrctions below.

Please download VundoFix.exe to your desktop from: http://www.atribune.org/ccount/click.php?id=4

* Double-click VundoFix.exe to run it.
    * When VundoFix re-opens, click the Scan for Vundo button.
    * Once it's done scanning, click the Remove Vundo button.
    * You will receive a prompt asking if you want to remove the files, click YES
    * Once you click yes, your desktop will go blank as it starts removing Vundo.
    * When completed, it will prompt that it will reboot your computer, click OK.

Note: It is possible that VundoFix encountered a file it could not remove.
In this case, VundoFix will run on reboot, simply follow the above instructions starting from "Click the
Scan for Vundo button." when VundoFix appears at reboot.

After that post the text file and a new HJT log here,

polonus
ltdanman44:
tried all the above.  All the programs/processes mentioned above successfully finds the program, however upon reboot it still is on my system.  im at my wits end here, thinking about wiping windows with a fresh install.  my system proformance is falling off.  My hard drive is constantly churning even with all programs shut down.  lsass.exe in processes is taking up most of my CPU time, help!

essexboy:
No reformat yet

Download ComboFix from Here or Here to your Desktop.
[*]Double click combofix.exe and follow the prompts.
[*]When finished, it shall produce a log for you. Post that log and a HiJackthis log in your next reply
[/list]
Note: Do not mouseclick combofix's window while its running. That may cause it to stall
ltdanman44:
COMBOFIX DID IT!!!!!!!!! OMG!!!!!!!!!!1 THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IM SO HAPPY!!!!!!!
oldman:
It probably got some/most but there is probaly more left. You should do as essexboy asks and post the 2 logs he asked for. This way the remnants can be removed.
Navigation
Message Index
Next page
Previous page

Go to full version