Author Topic: Freshly installed Clients not showing up in Business Hub  (Read 1724 times)

Offline BITS_NK

Freshly installed Clients not showing up in Business Hub
« on: May 09, 2023, 10:45:54 AM »
New User of the Business-Hub here (Partner)

I installed a couple of clients (VM, Desktop, Laptop) using either the online or offline installer yesterday evening.
Devices did not show up until this morning (waiting around 3 hours yesterday, some devices got a reboot, some don't).

I also just installed the offline client on a new out of the box Laptop (just un-installed a McAffee trial and rebootet).
Installation went well - usual pop-up that I can close the Window and the installation will continue in the background. I can see the Desktop-Link was created as well - nothing else happend and the client does also not show up in the console. Installation was around 20-30 minutes ago.

- How long should such a client-installation usually take to appear in the Business Hub? Avast Client is running fine and no error visible.
- Are there any client-side logs to access/check if there is still something happening?
- A client installed yesterday is also shown as offline for 13+ hours, while it is not only online, but also received and performed patch-update tasks and reboots.

I have an open ticket with the support team - just want to check the experience others currently have and if this is a commen/expected behaviour. I have a call with a client later today to present this setup/create an offer - I'm not sure this is going to work.

Thanks!

Offline Tom610

Re: Freshly installed Clients not showing up in Business Hub
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2023, 10:57:20 AM »
Welcome to the forum!

Yesterday I got reports from a customer that told me about this issue too. That made me already suspicious since the normal behavior is this: Starting the installer (it doesn't matter if offline or online), click install --> within less than a minute the client will show up in the hub!!!!
Everything else will result either in an error because firewall is blocking something or is just as it is now.
To be honest I've never seen such a problem befor and we use the hub as of May 2021.

Probably there is a major issue that is also related to the other bugs that I reported here lately.

My biggest concern right now is that I got the impression that the support team is out of order in some kind of way. Did you already get a real answer for your ticket? It usally takes a day or 2 after a technician will give you a first answer...

Offline BITS_NK

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2023, 11:16:52 AM »
Thank you for your reply! Good to know that this is not the usual behaviour. Really need this fixed - wanted to start deploying tomorrow/this evening.

I have called the support this morning and got a more or less default reply asking for client logs and a HAR file from the Console.
Waiting for a reply since.

Lets hope they get this fixed soon.
It is also e.g. remote control - I tried to deploy the service (twice now) but it is just nothing happening - or the devices not showing as online (view is not consistent - showing it in the partner console in details shows online, selecting the client and device details: Offline for 13+ hours...)

Offline Tom610

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2023, 11:51:22 AM »
Ok, good to know, that technicals are still alive!  ;D

From my expirience this issue will take days at least to be fixed although this must be probably pretty basic stuff. Keeping the other problems in mind the hub is either somehow stuck or the last hub update was so massive that this is really a big dealy.

Either way even the smallest problems take Avast support often quite some time...

We'll see how it goes this time.

Regarding remote control I can't tell anything since we do not use it... it's just too expensive.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2023, 11:56:58 AM by Tom610 »

Offline BITS_NK

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2023, 01:30:35 PM »
Small update:

Just got a callback from the 2nd Level Support - did some tests. He also installed a client using my test-customer and the device did not show up. He is going to check with the development.
Happy with the fast callback (which I also tried to push to be honest).

Lets see if they can find something :)

Offline Infratech Solutions

• Avast Reseller
  • Super Poster
  • Mayorista e integrador de Avast en España
    • Ciberseguridad Avast para empresas y MSPs en España.
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2023, 01:35:22 PM »
I think it's a general failure on Avast Business Hub. We have some customers with not online devices on the console (Last seen: 5 hours ago) but with threat detections on the last minutes.

Offline BITS_NK

« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2023, 03:44:05 PM »
It is. Confirmed by the support-team. They are working on it.

Offline Tom610

« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2023, 06:08:24 PM »

Offline BITS_NK

« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2023, 09:40:38 AM »
Devies are not showing up online as expected. Remote patch-installation and reboots are running as I would expect.

Still have trouble with the remote control. Tried to deploy it to 2 devices throught he Business Hub, but nothing happens. I can see the service is selected in the device-services in the hub, but the connect option in the device details is still grey. Installation also mentioned that there will be a reboot required, this has not yet been requested on the endpoints - restarted one just as a test, still not working.

Should that also be something usually installing/working in a few minutes after deploying/selecting it for installation?

Thank you!

Offline Tom610

« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2023, 12:23:33 PM »
Yes online status seems to be fixed as of now. Remote Controll... 🤷‍♂️

Offline BITS_NK

« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2023, 03:01:49 PM »
They now also confirmed the online issue fixed, remote is still not working.

Is deploying the remote feature/using it working for anyone?

Also not sure if it was just me: Until a few minutes ago the Forum throught it is 2021. Profile was reset, no posts after 2021, new post capture also only accepted 2021... Back to normal now.