Author Topic: Avast One firewall asking network trust every time I connect to the same wifi  (Read 2793 times)

Offline Free167

Hello,

I noticed that recently Avast One has to ask me whether to trust my home wifi every time I connect to it.  This happens when I take my laptop out and back home, or when I boot up the laptop in the morning.  Shouldn't Avast One firewall save the choice?

Thank you!

Offline MGS1

Same Problem for past 1 month. For me its Ethernet instead of wifi. Avast keeps asking "Trust this network" every single time after turning on the computer or reconnecting the network. This is annoying. Please provide a solution.

Offline info247

I've noticed the same problem - and honestly: this is pretty embarrassing imho for firewall programmers. I can't even confirm "safe network", it always changes to the "don't trust network" checkbox. The error persists for several updates already. If something so fundamentally important as the home network recognition isn't programmed properly, how can the rest be trustworthy?

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Firstly I don't use the Avast Firewall (nor Avast One), so I can't speak from personal experience.

What is your firewall set to Private or  Public  ?

If Public you are going to get this kind of interrogation and it is only going to last for that session.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline Free167

Firstly I don't use the Avast Firewall (nor Avast One), so I can't speak from personal experience.

What is your firewall set to Private or  Public  ?

If Public you are going to get this kind of interrogation and it is only going to last for that session.

I don't see an option to set the Avast Firewall to Private or Public by default.  Maybe I need to disable it and just use the default Windows firewall :-\

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
As I mentioned I don't use Avast One or the Avast Firewall.

This search returns many hits - https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=Set+Avast+One+Firewall+to+Private

This is the first in a listing - https://support.avast.com/en-gb/article/use-antivirus-firewall/#pc - on that page you can click the Avast One option.
It gives information on - Add trusted and untrusted networks
- Item 3 on that mentions - In the Connected to box, click the down arrow, then choose one of the following options:
3.    Trust this network: The recommended option for a private network, such as your home or work network.

I hope this helps you find the settings.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline Free167

As I mentioned I don't use Avast One or the Avast Firewall.

This search returns many hits - https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=Set+Avast+One+Firewall+to+Private

This is the first in a listing - https://support.avast.com/en-gb/article/use-antivirus-firewall/#pc - on that page you can click the Avast One option.
It gives information on - Add trusted and untrusted networks
- Item 3 on that mentions - In the Connected to box, click the down arrow, then choose one of the following options:
3.    Trust this network: The recommended option for a private network, such as your home or work network.

I hope this helps you find the settings.

Actually I found the settings long ago, the problem is the selected option doesn't seem saved.  So every time I boot up my laptop and connect to the same home network, I have to answer Avast again.  I believe this only started to happen a couple of months ago(?).

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Not using Avast One or the Avast Firewall I don't know if this intended, given a Laptop is a portable device.