Author Topic: How to see the current IP  (Read 2939 times)

Offline SantiBailors

How to see the current IP
« on: May 19, 2023, 01:14:01 PM »
In the Windows version, in order to know which IP address my VPN is using, all I need to do is to open the program and look at the main screen, under "Virtual IP".

But in the Android version, the main screen shows the same info (connection status, duration and server location) except the IP. No IP is shown. Is there a way to see that info in the Android version ?
What men really want is not knowledge but certainty.
- Bertrand Russell

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: How to see the current IP
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2023, 12:25:28 PM »
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline SantiBailors

Re: How to see the current IP
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2023, 10:50:55 AM »
Right, there are many websites that display the IP. But that's the IP from which that website sees the connection to be coming from, not necessarily the IP my Avast VPN is using.

I often have more than one VPN active, e.g. I might be on my own Avast SecureLine as usual and still have to login to someone else's VPN as required by them to use their services. In that case the IP shown in public IP-display websites is not necessarily the IP my Avast VPN is using.

I need to be able to do some troubleshooting and for that I need to know which IP my Avast VPN is going out with, not only the final IP through which I am reaching the connection target.

It would be much simpler if just the Android version of SecureLine showed the IP like the Windows version does, there is plenty of space.
What men really want is not knowledge but certainty.
- Bertrand Russell