Author Topic: Why it is a bad idea to continue Cloud Care  (Read 2778 times)

Offline Tom610

Why it is a bad idea to continue Cloud Care
« on: February 20, 2023, 04:30:17 PM »
Guys this is quite a mess, deciding to continue with Cloud Care.

1. CC GUI is a mess --> compared with the hub CC GUI is a nightmare where CC is MS DOS and the hub is Windows 7!
2. What about Avast partners like us that needed to migrate CC customers to the hub? Some of them are still waiting to get Content Filter within the hub to be enabled. Avast/Gen you owe us one because of this "get redy to replace CC".
3. Unecessary usage of human ressources! Instead of still developing and manageing two plattforms Avast/GEN should focus on one (the hub of course), evolve and improve this. I mean I've got bugs with Avast for quite some time, not to say month that have not been solved until now...
4. Who once used the hub will never get back to CC because it's so bad to manage...

This decission is so bad that I can't find any words for this!
« Last Edit: February 21, 2023, 09:54:30 AM by Tom610 »

Offline tomsc

• Avast team
Re: Why it is a bad idea to continue Cloud Care
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2023, 11:50:49 AM »
Hello,

> What about Avast partners like us that needed to migrate CC customers to the hub? Some of them are still waiting to get Content Filter within the hub to be enabled. Avast/Gen you owe us one because of this "get redy to replace CC".

Working on that. Is that feature the only migration blocker you have? Do you see something else that needs to be worked on to help users migrate to business hub?

Offline Tom610

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2023, 05:38:32 PM »
Yes, for us this is actually the only reason that prevents us from migrating the last CC customers to the hub.

To be honest we came from around 2.500 to 2.800 customer clients straight from AVG on prem (Remote Admin) world to the hub.

There was (luckily) only a small time window during that we sold Cloud Care to our customers. But we don't make diffrences between the customers. If there is a good solution (the Avast Hub) than all customers shall get it. Yet they can't...

Right now I have a customer that has Hub licenes for its own environment but has to use CC licenes for the school that he also is responsible.
Avast is not making a good job on this mess...   :-\

Offline Tom610

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2023, 06:05:00 PM »
I got news today from our distributor, that CC will be discontinued anyway and that yearly renewals are not possible anymore? Avast is also talking about offboarding Cloud Care?

Any confirmation on this?

Offline tomsc

• Avast team
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2023, 04:50:32 PM »
At this point we are just waiting for customers to migrate to business hub, our only primary business platform.

Offline Tom610

« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2023, 11:25:36 AM »
Hey Tom, but why sending mails a few month ago where Avast says it will continue CC? No this is not true anymore?
If Avast would be honest with its customers they could adapt to this change much better and for partners like us this could be handled much butter.

Luckily for us this is no big deal since we have 99% of our customers managed by the hub.
Last big one is a customer in EDU waiting for web filtering/content filter to be available!

Offline GeorgeP

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2023, 12:20:26 PM »
Hello @tom610, the decision to continue with CloudCare is still valid and no changes have been made since that time. We are contacting the distributor to find out where any misunderstanding about the future of CloudCare has come from

Offline Tom610

« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2023, 10:29:22 AM »
Hello George,

kind of strange when one says so and the other so... even tomsc confirmed my information...

There is a german saying: "Die linke Hand weiß nicht was die rechte tut."

Would be great if this topic will be clarified once and for all!

Again: From our perspective CC is a dead and unnecessary product!