Author Topic: Webshield Blocking Valid website  (Read 843 times)

Offline David433

Webshield Blocking Valid website
« on: May 30, 2023, 05:05:11 PM »
I'm getting a message from webshield saying it's blocking a URL - the message reads "We've safely aborted connection on iatiregistry.org because it was infected with URL:Phishing"

As far as I can see everyone else can access this site no problem, so is it something thats infected my pc thats taken control of that url link?

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Webshield Blocking Valid website
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2023, 08:57:39 PM »
Are you actually trying to connect to this URL  ?

If not, something is, most likely your browser (?), if that is the connecting application.
This is typically something in your browser cache and or cookies.
Clear your browser cache and cookies, restart the browser and monitor to see if this returns or not.

If it does then it (reply/post again) could be a new browser Add-on/extension or one that has been updated.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline David433

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2023, 10:31:37 AM »
Hi thanks for the advice.

I've tried connecting using either a direct type of the url, or using a link to it from another page - same result.

I've also tried a different browser ( Chrome & Edge ) same result.

The Avast page still returns - I can't see anywhere in avast that lets me add a site to a white list or similar.

Offline graham23

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2023, 12:36:04 PM »
Hi,

I am also getting a similar error on both Firefox and Chrome when trying to connect to a specific website - 'We've safely aborted connection on media.thecraftstore.com because it was infected with URL:Phishing'.

I have contacted the site and this was the responce from their IT support team - 'If they are accessing the Hochanda Suppliers site and still getting the warning, they should ignore the Avast pop up as its not a security issue. If Avast has blocked it, they would need to access Avast settings and confirm that the site is secure and to unblock it'

I have tried to add the website to the exception list but it is still happening unless I haven't done it correctly.

Any advice greatly appreciated and thank you.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2023, 12:53:16 PM »
For both posters, if you post a screenshot of Avast Alert window with the Details option selected (or the alert you are getting) may help.

More so in the case of having added a exception and that not working, e.g. does the exception match the alert window process making the connection.

Are either of you using the Avast Online Security Add-on in your browser/s  ?

EDIT: You could also try using the - Reporting a Possible False Positive File or Website - https://www.avast.com/false-positive-file-form.php.
You should get a response in a day or two.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2023, 12:56:06 PM by DavidR »
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security