Author Topic: Avast Free 23.5 creates new registry keys for safeprice plugin. - SOLVED/FIXED  (Read 10190 times)

Offline RedFan

Re: Avast Free 23.5 creates new registry keys for safeprice plugin.
« Reply #30 on: June 04, 2023, 12:09:51 PM »
already uninstalled here, i was just trying for a few days, going back to previous AV.
Intel® i3 Quad-Core @4,3 GHZ. RAM: 16GB ddr4 || SSD 500 GB || Windows 11 Home x64 || Chromium user.

Offline jan.svoboda

• Avast team
« Reply #31 on: June 05, 2023, 08:05:07 AM »
Hello, fix of the issue with the repeated SafePrice plugin offer was just released. Once you have version 23.5.8195.786 the issue should be gone. PC restart is needed. We apologize for the inconvenience caused by this bug.

Jan

Offline Nunzio77

• Poster
« Reply #32 on: June 05, 2023, 09:39:32 AM »
Hello, fix of the issue with the repeated SafePrice plugin offer was just released. Once you have version 23.5.8195.786 the issue should be gone. PC restart is needed. We apologize for the inconvenience caused by this bug.

Jan

@jan.sbovoda I tried to update the version but it stays at 23.5.8195.785 maybe it still needs time to be available on the servers?
Thank you and good day!
Nunzio
----------------------------
Avast Free - Windows 10 Pro-32 Bit, Intel Core2 Duo CPU T7500, RAM 4 Gb, SDD 512 Gb, ATI Mobile Radeon HD 2400 - Avast Mobile Security Free - Smartphone Android

Offline jan.svoboda

• Avast team
« Reply #33 on: June 05, 2023, 10:21:57 AM »

Jan

@jan.sbovoda I tried to update the version but it stays at 23.5.8195.785 maybe it still needs time to be available on the servers?

Hi Nunzio77, this is different update channel, it was released as uupdate. Check for uupdates should be done every 4 hours or you can try to speed it up by restarting your PC (there is a check also after each PC restart).

Jan

Offline Nunzio77

• Poster
« Reply #34 on: June 05, 2023, 11:14:16 AM »

Jan

Hi Nunzio77, this is different update channel, it was released as uupdate. Check for uupdates should be done every 4 hours or you can try to speed it up by restarting your PC (there is a check also after each PC restart).

Jan

Ok thanks a lot I didn't know that.  I learned a new thing.
Thank you so much and go Avast.
Thank you and good day!
Nunzio
Avast Free - Windows 10 Pro-32 Bit, Intel Core2 Duo CPU T7500, RAM 4 Gb, SDD 512 Gb, ATI Mobile Radeon HD 2400 - Avast Mobile Security Free - Smartphone Android

Offline MrDJ

« Reply #35 on: June 05, 2023, 11:18:36 AM »
i can confirm 786 loaded even though my update was still showing as 783

Clevo P502 Laptop i7 3720QM 2.60GHz, 16gb ram, Nvidia GTX 680M, Crucial 512 SSD, Windows 10 Pro 64bit, over 12 years old and still super fast.

Offline Ghaindar

« Reply #36 on: June 05, 2023, 01:59:51 PM »

Jan

Sorry, allready got this version, but the problem still exists. PC was restarted multiple times.

Offline Nunzio77

• Poster
« Reply #37 on: June 05, 2023, 02:42:21 PM »

Jan

Sorry, allready got this version, but the problem still exists. PC was restarted multiple times.

Try emptying your browser's cache, deleting temporary files, cookies, etc... Then restart your PC.  It's no longer causing me any problems.
Thank you and good day!
Nunzio

Offline jan.svoboda

• Avast team
« Reply #38 on: June 05, 2023, 03:19:45 PM »

Jan

Try emptying your browser's cache, deleting temporary files, cookies, etc... Then restart your PC.  It's no longer causing me any problems.

Hi Ghaindar, in case the issue still persists, could you please enable debug logs, induce the problem and then send us the support package. https://support.avast.com/en-us/article/Submit-support-file/#pc Please share then the support package ID. Thank you very much.

Offline TheOwner

• Poster
« Reply #39 on: June 05, 2023, 04:07:11 PM »

Jan
This issue is fixed, thank you.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2023, 04:10:32 PM by TheOwner »

Offline Ghaindar

« Reply #40 on: June 05, 2023, 04:10:04 PM »

That was the solution, thanks!

Offline Asturias7

I was able to revert to 23.4, then I came back to this thread and read that Avast have released an update to fix this mess.
Shredded temp files, etc, updated, and at first shot got the update and... no more Chinese registry entries, nor the annoying redirecting to the SafePrice plugin page every time I started my browser... YAY!  8)

Offline M53

The Avast update fixed the issue with SafePrice addon. I deleted all of the Chinese characters in my registry, after creating a backup registry file, and I have not had any problems with my system. Avast acted quickly to resolve this issue.

Offline Dinobot2

« Reply #43 on: June 06, 2023, 04:38:59 PM »

Jan

Jan

Could you explain what you mean by "different update channel"? If I simply use the Update function in the UI under Settings -> General -> Update, will I be good to go?

Online bob3160

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • 64 Years of Happiness
    • bob3160 Protecting Yourself, Your Computer and, Your Identity
« Reply #44 on: June 06, 2023, 10:36:36 PM »

Jan

Jan

Could you explain what you mean by "different update channel"? If I simply use the Update function in the UI under Settings -> General -> Update, will I be good to go?
To guarantee the update RESTART your computer.
Free Security Seminar: https://bit.ly/bobg2023  -  Important: http://www.organdonor.gov/ -- My Web Site: http://bob3160.strikingly.com/ - Win 11 Pro v22H2 64bit, 16 Gig Ram, 1TB SSD, Avast Free 23.5.6066, How to Successfully Install Avast http://goo.gl/VLXdeRepair & Clean Install https://goo.gl/t7aJGq -- My Online Activity https://bit.ly/BobGInternet