Author Topic: Ebay pages with items not showing sellers description in Avast br.  (Read 3970 times)

Offline wavoy29406

Wanted to report this.. Ebay pages do not show correctly for me in Avast. I tried also in incognito mode with all extensions disabled. Only Avast is causing the issue, no other browser. I only tested this on one machine right now, but it is only Ebay pages have the issue no other websites, so I don't think it's related to my environment. I have updated Avast just recently.

The issue with Ebay pages is the Seller item description is not showing in Avast. Where you see the box with Item Specifics, in the same box under Item Specifics should be seller item description. That doesn't show. The box is simply rolled up.

I tested this on any ebay listings and any sellers, so it is not related to a specific seller or listing template used. Example here:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/364277149516

Here is pic with Avast and LibreWolf side by side same page - attached.

Offline JosefK

• Avast team
Re: Ebay pages with items not showing sellers description in Avast br.
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2023, 12:53:32 PM »
Hi there,

I cannot reproduce this problem in my Avast browser with a "Basic Blocking" setting in the Privacy Guard feature (green padlock in the top right corner of the browser).

If the PG settings in your browser are the same, and if you don't mind losing all your browsing history, could you please try clearing your cache by going to the SPC, clicking on the green lock in the top right corner of your browser, and clicking on the "Launch Cleaner" button in the "Privacy Cleaner" tile?

You'll then be asked to select a time range in the dialogue box, if you're sure when you first visited eBay, select a specific time, otherwise select all time. BE AWARE that you will lose all your browsing history!

Restart your browser.

Try browsing the pages again.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,
Joseph

Offline Bruce33

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2023, 11:57:38 PM »
I also have this issue with Avast on my Mac. Ebay item descriptions don't show, completely missing. I have to revert to Safari for eBay.

Offline Sandu-RM

• Taking care of the Secure Browser releases
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2023, 10:06:26 AM »
I also have this issue with Avast on my Mac. Ebay item descriptions don't show, completely missing. I have to revert to Safari for eBay.

Hi,

I tried to reproduce this issue on different browser versions but it works OK, browser is displaying the description part on the page. Could you please try clearing the cache, restarting the browser and then try again?

Thank you

Sandu
« Last Edit: July 31, 2023, 10:05:41 AM by Sandu-RM »