Author Topic: Comments About Avast  (Read 4368 times)

mahesh

Comments About Avast
« on: January 03, 2008, 02:47:14 PM »
 Hi Everybody,

I am mahesh and running small office in India. i having plan to put some antivirus software for my office PCs. I sereching for Good one. before purchase the SW . i want to get opinion from users who are using Antivirues S.W.s. I need webblocking feature.

Kindly give some suggestion [ GOOD (or) BAD ]  about Avast  :)

:o     Mahesh.G        ::)

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: Comments About Avast
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2008, 05:53:20 PM »
I use avast Professional for 5 years. No regrets. Could be better on detection rates from time to time.
Reliability, updates (frequency & size), configurability, etc. are among of the best antivirus round.
Oh, the support through forums are incomparable with any other antivirus ;)
Welcome to avast family.
The best things in life are free.

Rick F

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2008, 11:51:25 PM »
I used McAfee's AV (anti-virus) for many years (since it would fit on a floppy ;D).  I was also a volunteer moderator for their help forum (McAfee Maniac) for about 4 years.  When McAfee stopped supporting VS-7 (the last known, good product IMHO), I found "avast!" and never looked back. It works great with frequent virus definition updates. This product hasn't failed me yet.  :)

Hope this helps.

Jeleal

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2008, 02:54:22 AM »
I gotta tell ya, I really like Avast's Web Guard. Without being nasty about another free AV, I will just comment that unlike that one, the Avast Web Guard has stopped a a few trojans for me "before" they got into my PC. Now that's protection. Also there is some spyware protection in the free version that is not offered by the other free AV's. Avast is the first free AV that actually made me want to pay for a Pro version. No other AV or other security program has ever convinced me to do that, and because I am one of those freeware kind of people, I think this speaks volumes as to how good Avast is.   
« Last Edit: January 06, 2008, 05:59:06 AM by Jeleal »

mahesh

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2008, 02:52:42 AM »
   Hi,

Thanks to your reply. Then how the web blocking part in awast. because i have to stop our people to use some web pages.

:o Mahesh.G      ::)

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2008, 06:18:05 PM »
Then how the web blocking part in awast. because i have to stop our people to use some web pages.
Some or all webpages?
avast does not block anything, just scan.
Into the firewall settings, the following program should be allowed to connect: C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashWebSv.exe (avast! Web Scanner)
The best things in life are free.