Author Topic: Asking for more money  (Read 895 times)

Offline David446

Asking for more money
« on: June 18, 2023, 10:31:48 AM »
I have premium security, i only subscribed a few days ago, did a scan and i find I`ve got performance issues, i click resolve and it gives me options to pay even more.
For goodness sake why?, i rightly thought premium security is exactly what it says on the tin.

Offline SupaDivaTech135

Re: Asking for more money
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2023, 08:40:23 PM »
I have the same questions. I am up to about $200/every 2 years now because I have issues that it found. This software nickel and dimes the heck out of you like the AVG software. There are other features I would love to have and I have 10 seats because I have family members that use it too. I would think that many of the features would be included. I have to pick and choose what I absolutely need from my wants.  Good luck fellow Avast user, it will only get more expensive.

P.S. The performance issue with programs and such, you can find a free app that will take care of that. I did buy their clean up program.  It is very useful.

Offline David446

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2023, 11:00:05 AM »
I will ask again, how can it be premium security if they ask for more money for additional protection?  I`m gutted, had I known this when paying the initial subscription I wouldn`t have gone anywhere near Avast.

Offline MrDJ

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2023, 02:05:36 PM »
they are adverts,plain and simple.
of cours avast and every other company out there wants you to buy their WHOLE package.
for security avast premium does the job to protect you.
I run nord vpn but got the usual message that you are not hidden and to download our own vpn.
i know of brand new pc's that have the antivirus loaded from new and those people got the message of your pc is not clean and you need to download our own cleanup.
these adverts can be turned off here https://support.avast.com/en-us/article/Antivirus-popup-notifications#pc

i do not have silent mode ticked so this is upto you.
offers ive unticked both boxes and never get popups to advertise extended products like cleaner or vpn.
Clevo P502 Laptop i7 3720QM 2.60GHz, 16gb ram, Nvidia GTX 680M, Crucial 512 SSD, Windows 10 Pro 64bit, over 12 years old and still super fast.