Author Topic: Avast Cleanup deleted/removed from Google Play Store.  (Read 4139 times)

Offline jemima1205

Avast Cleanup deleted/removed from Google Play Store.
« on: April 13, 2023, 08:39:22 AM »
Why has Avast Cleanup disappeared from Google Play Store?!
It does not appear in the search results, and when you enter the link from the Google Chrome search results (Avast Cleanup - Phone Cleaner - Apps on Google Play), the message "We're sorry, the requested URL was not found on this server" pops up: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.avast.android.cleaner&hl=en_US
How is this app supposed to update if it's not currently on Google Play?!
« Last Edit: April 13, 2023, 08:45:05 AM by jemima1205 »

Offline oliver32

Re: Avast Cleanup deleted/removed from Google Play Store.
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2023, 05:17:31 AM »
Same experience here. App also stopped working completely with Android 14. Response from avast:
My name is Alexandra, and I’m on the Avast Customer Care Team.

I see that you cannot download Avast Cleanup application from Google Play Store.
As a first step, please ensure you're using the same Google account you bought it with by following STEPS .
After that:
On your Android phone or tablet, open Google Play Store Google Play.
On the right, tap the profile icon.
Tap Manage apps & device and then Manage.
Select Avast Cleanup
If you can't find the app, at the top, tap Installed and then Not installed.
Tap Install or Enable.
Turn off the phone and turn it again on
Uninstall Updates’ of Google Play Store: go to Settings > Apps > Google Play Store > three-dot menu > uninstall updates.
I hope that these steps helped. Please let me know about the result. I am here for any additional questions.

Offline oliver32

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2023, 06:12:21 AM »
Their support instructions did not work, and they haven't responded to follow up question.

Offline jemima1205

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2023, 03:55:53 PM »
Same experience here. App also stopped working completely with Android 14. Response from avast:
My name is Alexandra, and I’m on the Avast Customer Care Team.

I see that you cannot download Avast Cleanup application from Google Play Store.
As a first step, please ensure you're using the same Google account you bought it with by following STEPS .
After that:
On your Android phone or tablet, open Google Play Store Google Play.
On the right, tap the profile icon.
Tap Manage apps & device and then Manage.
Select Avast Cleanup
If you can't find the app, at the top, tap Installed and then Not installed.
Tap Install or Enable.
Turn off the phone and turn it again on
Uninstall Updates’ of Google Play Store: go to Settings > Apps > Google Play Store > three-dot menu > uninstall updates.
I hope that these steps helped. Please let me know about the result. I am here for any additional questions.
Well, it didn't work... We paid for this for frick sake! >:-/

Offline oliver32

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2023, 10:57:28 PM »
Ik, their current response to this clearly known issue is apparently creating an alternate universe where a) problems with the app are fake news and b) paying customers who can't use what they purchased are also fake news.

This is the kind of customers service experience I will never forget.

Offline Pana

« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2023, 12:22:17 PM »
I use devices with different android versions. The Cleanup app, disappeared from all devices on google play!!!

I really like the avast cleanup, I find it very useful and thats why I bought it. But why was it removed from google play?  and for how long?
Anyone know when this bug will be fixed?

Offline jemima1205

« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2023, 12:32:01 PM »
When I emailed them 4 days ago this was their response:

"My name is Krishna, and I’m on the Avast Customer Care Team.

I understand that you are not able to find Avast Cleanup Premium on Google Play store.

We are aware of issues currently affecting Avast Cleanup on Google Play and our teams are fully engaged in resolving the issue.

While I cannot provide you with a time estimate right now, I can assure you that we are doing our best to get this issue fixed in the shortest possible time frame.

On behalf of the entire Avast Team, I apologize for this inconvenience.

In the meantime, I’m here for any questions or assistance you might need.

Best regards,"

Well, my subscription ends in November 2023, if the app does not return to Google Play by then, I will be forced to resign from it and download AVG Cleaner
- https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.avg.cleaner .
Although this app belongs to the same company as Avast, so they won't lose anything...
They can even gain, because AVG Cleaner is only available on Android, for PC they have another app that you pay for separately... -_-
Then I would have to pay TWO separate subscriptions, for Android AVG Cleaner in Google Play and for PC Avast Cleanup or AVG TuneUp...
Thank you very much... >:-/
Avast Cleanup had the advantage that you could buy Premium for 10 devices, including Android ones, and now? I can either give up cleaning my computer or pay for AVG Cleaner on my phone and Avast Cleanup/AVG TuneUp on my computer (for one device) every year...
« Last Edit: April 18, 2023, 03:16:40 AM by jemima1205 »

Offline lico9one82

« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2023, 08:18:09 AM »
I Just updated it through the Playstore on my Z Flip, so I assume it's ok now, thanks

Offline jemima1205

« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2023, 12:53:47 PM »
Yes, it's back!  ;D
Google Play sent me a notification that I have some updates and Avast Cleanup appeared among them! ^_^
Well, I hope there will be no more problems with this app.

Offline jemima1205

« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2023, 02:13:22 AM »
Well, now everything is ok  :), but a month ago it suddenly disappeared from Google Play for some time.  :-\