Author Topic: LimeWire p2p  (Read 4194 times)

nathanhaigh

LimeWire p2p
« on: March 12, 2004, 03:33:57 PM »
I am running:
WinXP Pro(SP1)
Avast 4.1.357
LimeWire 3.3.5 (i know it's not up-to-date)

Avast doesn't seem to be scanning files downloaded via limewire (LimeWire.exe executable) since the scanned count never seems to change!

Is it protecting me and just not counting the files, or is it not scanning? Is this a known problem with the version of LimeWire i'm using? Is there a way to check if it's scanning except looking at the scanned count number?

Thanks
Nathan

Offline RejZoR

• Polymorphic Sheep
  • Serious Graphoman
  • We are supersheep, resistance is futile!
    • RejZoR's Flock of Sheep
Re:LimeWire p2p
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2004, 03:57:58 PM »
Check if LimeWire is selected under P2P Shield (its selected by default). Just for note,Standard Shield scans files that are not scanned by P2P or Messenger,but only when they are fully downloaded.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2004, 03:58:19 PM by RejZoR »
Visit my webpage Angry Sheep Blog

nathanhaigh

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2004, 06:24:10 PM »
responded via MS Messenger, but have not found the problem.

Nathan

sedina

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2004, 11:48:09 AM »
Hi, if LimeWire is checked on P2P Shield config page and some file is downloaded via LimeWire, there should be note on On-Access scanner dialog (Last scanned: for P2P shield). Please check, whether the executable file for this LimeWire version is precisely LIMEWIRE.EXE. thanks, pavels

nathanhaigh

« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2004, 10:00:48 AM »
The on access scanner does not show a "last scanned" for p2p shield or "scanned count".

Is the executable case sensitive, as i saw on another post to use LimeWire.exe? The file was originally limewire.exe, i tried LimeWire.exe and had no changes....i updated to the latest version of limewire....filename: LimeWire.exe and still no protection!

Nath

sedina

« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2004, 08:39:52 AM »
Hi,
we found the problem - process which downloads is not LimeWire.exe, but javaw.exe, which is generic Java program launcher. LimeWire.exe probably only launches this javaw.exe and is terminated immediately. We will find the best solution of this problem and patch it as soon as possible. Sorry for this... pavels