Author Topic: How to allow Avast Firewall to connect a Roku Smat TV to share my screen on wifi  (Read 789 times)

Offline vitordassie

I'm trying to connect a Roku Smat TV to share my screen wirelessly, but it is not working.
I used my Windows 11's native app for this (System > Screen > Many Screens > Connect).
But when I disable the firewall it works.
Does anyone know what to do?

Thanks

Offline DavidR

• Avast √úberevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
I have no idea what your firewall is set to.  Ensure that the Firewall is set to Private as it sounds like it it is set to Public.

I don't use the Avast Firewall so I can't speak from personal experience.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.6.6121 (build 24.6.9241.848) UI 1.0.809/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline vitordassie

I don't know if I can (or how to) do it.
I'm in a university appartment and I use the public wifi.

Offline DavidR

• Avast √úberevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
OK that might be a little more of a problem, though it should only impact our system (e.g. where you have Avast installed) and not the whole apartment/accommodation.  Unless they have access to your system somehow.

Though I don't know how you are connecting to your Smart Roku TV, presumably through your laptop or computer monitor  ?

The nearest I get to this is connecting a 2nd monitor to my win10 laptop, but that is via an HDMI cable.  Then again I'm not using the Avast Firewall and it is just duplicating the screen at a higher resolution.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.6.6121 (build 24.6.9241.848) UI 1.0.809/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security