Author Topic: Avast updated driver for sound and now no sound  (Read 1524 times)

Offline kitty_elder

Avast updated driver for sound and now no sound
« on: November 04, 2023, 12:05:40 AM »
Avast One offered to improve my computer performance by updating drivers.  I decided to just try one at a time and allowed it to update the sound driver.
And you guessed it....now my computer has no sound.
I can't figure out how to even see exactly which driver Avast updated let alone how to roll it back so I have sound again.
Help?

Offline _Uli_

• Avast team
Re: Avast updated driver for sound and now no sound
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2023, 09:06:35 AM »
Hi,

I am really sorry for all troubles associated with usage of our product. This is not intentional behavior.

In order to be able to help you I would like to ask you to send us your log files executing our Support Tool utility.
You can simply send them by executing our Support Tool utility. For download and more instructions please visit this page: https://support.avast.com/en-ww/article/submit-support-file/#pc
Please run the “SupportTool.exe” and follow the instructions. Once it is done, please send me the "FILE ID" here via private message - so we can analyze the logs with your report on our server.

Thank you.
-Uli

Offline Cahya Legawa

• Oh, here we are again.
    • Website
Re: Avast updated driver for sound and now no sound
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2023, 12:28:52 AM »
I have the same issue with avast driver update. I downloaded and installed the default driver from (sound card) vendor to fix the problem, e.g. Realtek. Then I would ignore this hardware from a future driver automatic update.
Avast Security Premium - Windows 10, Android, iPadOS. | Avast One Free - Windows 11