Author Topic: WOW for AVAST!!  (Read 9373 times)

CoJo

WOW for AVAST!!
« on: March 12, 2004, 07:53:20 PM »
Way to go Avast!
perhaps we should be on the lookout for newbies...

the following was taken from CloudEight Stationery q & a section for subscribers:

Answer
Thanks for your nice comments Janelle. As often happens in the software industry changes occur which no one could have foreseen. The popularity of AVG sparked by ours and other newsletters of its type, has apparently caused a problem with AVG's servers. As you know an anti-virus program that you cannot update is one which does not offer you good protection. We are changing our recommendation for our #1 choice of free Anti-Virus software from AVG to AVAST. After extensive testing and use of AVAST we've concluded that AVAST has made tremendous strides in making their AV program the very best free (for home-personal use) the best currently available. AVAST has been awarded the Virus Bulletins VB100 Award meaning that it recognized 100% of in-the-wild virus, Trojans, and worms and passed every test successfully. This was done by an independent, not-for-profit, testing company.

Not only does AVAST update automatically but does so whenever a new virus database is made available. We've had it update 3 times in one day: Evidence that this company is very serious about protection and in making its program the best. Additionally, unlike some AV programs, AVAST works silently without causing system conflicts or interfering with the operation of other programs. This is important to us and it should be to you. An Anti-Virus program with long tentacles that pervades every segment of your Operating System for no good reason is one we would choose to avoid.

Before switching from AVG to AVAST you'll need to uninstall AVG and reboot your computer. Please do not try to use both AVG and AVAST. Please click here to learn more about (and download) AVAST free edition (for home users only).

Pavel Baudis

Re:WOW for AVAST!!
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2004, 08:01:43 PM »
the following was taken from CloudEight Stationery q & a section for subscribers:
We are changing our recommendation for our #1 choice of free Anti-Virus software from AVG to AVAST

WOW - that sounds well  :D! Thanks for good news!

The popularity of AVG sparked by ours and other newsletters of its type, has apparently caused a problem with AVG's servers.

I only hope that all those new users will not cause similar problems to our servers  ;)

Pavel

CoJo

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2004, 08:33:56 PM »
We are changing our recommendation for our #1 choice of free Anti-Virus software from AVG to AVAST

WOW - that sounds well  :D! Thanks for good news!

The popularity of AVG sparked by ours and other newsletters of its type, has apparently caused a problem with AVG's servers.

I only hope that all those new users will not cause similar problems to our servers  ;)

Pavel

Pavel, this is wonderful, isn't it?!
this was mentioned in the premium subscription newsletter and there are hundreds, if not more, subscribers to it.
I am hoping it will lead to more bought versions once folks see just how grand Avast is in every way.
I also emailed them thanking them for recommending "my" antivirus and letting them know about our incredible support forums  8)

cojo

Offline RejZoR

• Polymorphic Sheep
  • Serious Graphoman
  • We are supersheep, resistance is futile!
    • RejZoR's Flock of Sheep
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2004, 08:38:38 PM »
Yup,i turned many Norton users to avast! and they are all very happy with avast! (more than with Norton) :D
I also recommend it because it has the best technical support available to date (Technical is already smiling hehe ;) ). Too bad i didn't discover avast! sooner :'(
Visit my webpage Angry Sheep Blog

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2004, 09:11:25 PM »
Yup,i turned many Norton users to avast! and they are all very happy with avast! (more than with Norton) :D
I also recommend it because it has the best technical support available to date (Technical is already smiling hehe ;) ). Too bad i didn't discover avast! sooner :'(

RejZoR:  :-*
Pavel:  ;)
avast! users:  8)
« Last Edit: March 12, 2004, 09:14:39 PM by Technical »
The best things in life are free.

CoJo

« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2004, 09:32:05 PM »

RejZoR:  :-*
Pavel:  ;)
avast! users:  8)

Technical!! where is mine??? ;D

cojo

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2004, 09:37:16 PM »
cojo

:-* :-* :-* :-* :-* Enough?  ::)
Maybe not...  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*

Offline RejZoR

• Polymorphic Sheep
  • Serious Graphoman
  • We are supersheep, resistance is futile!
    • RejZoR's Flock of Sheep
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2004, 09:42:24 PM »
Another one for CoJo  :-*
Visit my webpage Angry Sheep Blog

CoJo

« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2004, 10:03:28 PM »
cojo

:-* :-* :-* :-* :-* Enough?  ::)
Maybe not...  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*

LOL  LOL  LOL...yes, just enough ;D
thank you! ;)

cojo
grannie of the group

shgoh

« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2004, 09:49:07 AM »

i turned many friends to avast too... ;)

simply the best!!!...... ;D

CoJo

« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2004, 03:41:45 PM »
Another one for CoJo  :-*

ah, thanks! I needed that ;D

cojo

SKYCOMP

« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2004, 02:14:42 AM »
The many users i persuaded over to Avast speak only positive and express a great deal of satisfaction in this software. Others that haven't switched yet point only to past article reviews about "beware of false positives". My goodness, what do they expect? A CIA brief in their Email everyday? The advantages far outdistant the disadvantages and sooner or later this will all come to the surface in all of those reviews to come.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2004, 03:58:19 AM »
The many users i persuaded over to Avast speak only positive and express a great deal of satisfaction in this software. Others that haven't switched yet point only to past article reviews about "beware of false positives". My goodness, what do they expect? A CIA brief in their Email everyday? The advantages far outdistant the disadvantages and sooner or later this will all come to the surface in all of those reviews to come.

Hope you are right!
Won't be bad if some users buy the Professional version too... They will allow Alwil to continue its fantastic work and the freeware version releases too  8)