Author Topic: Different AV-Engines reporting Avast-Files as Virus !  (Read 3654 times)

Offline Dinobot2

Re: Different AV-Engines reporting Avast-Files as Virus !
« Reply #30 on: October 04, 2023, 04:17:59 AM »
Well, i'm still on a HDD, so that's possibly why.

But yeah, i'm not trying to suggest that 16 hours should be seen as "normal", more just responding to the implication that Avast and MBAM coexisting (even with MBAM real time protection off) was the cause of that.

Offline SpeedyPC

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • Avast shall conquer the whole world
« Reply #31 on: October 04, 2023, 05:16:01 AM »
Well, i'm still on a HDD, so that's possibly why.

But yeah, i'm not trying to suggest that 16 hours should be seen as "normal", more just responding to the implication that Avast and MBAM coexisting (even with MBAM real time protection off) was the cause of that.
Scrap the old HDD crap and get yourself a SSD.
Gigabyte 670 LGA1200 Full ATX MB | Intel Core i9-13900 CPU/LGA 1700 | GeForce Nvidia RTX-4070/12GB | 32GB DDR4 | 2 x 1TB Samsung SSD | W11 Home 64bit | Avast Premium v23.11.6090 | Avast SecureLine VPN | Avast Secure Browser | Avast Driver Updater | Avast BreachGuard | Firefox 64bit | MalwareBytes Premium | Adguard Premium | CCleaner Portable | Macrium Reflect | 7-Zip

Offline Ivanych

• Пенсионер.
  • Massive Poster
  • СССР-Москва,ГДР-Ютербог,Россия-Ульяновск.
« Reply #32 on: October 04, 2023, 09:47:57 PM »
Yesterday I checked the SSD disk with the Emsisoft Emergency Kit scanner.Updated the entire database of virus signatures.And the scanner immediately found the 4th file Gen:Variant.Ady.381197 in the Avast folder.And at the same moment, the scanner froze and the whole system froze on the laptop.I had to forcibly turn off the laptop.After enabling the laptop, all system files were checked by the sfc /scannow command. No damage to the system was detected.Then I turned on the EEK scanner, updated the virus signature database with a new one, and began checking the system partition.The 74 GB scanner checked for 2 hours and 30 minutes.The laptop is weak.The scanner has not found this virus anymore ! Then I went to the site using the link https://www.virustotal.com/gui/home/url and I checked the files I found in the Avast folder on it.The virus check did not reveal any viruses in them.Of the 4 files, only 2 were in their places.The rest of the files are gone !I provide screenshots of scanner reports and screenshots of the location of these files.I'll have to check the system section again at the end of the week and provide my comment here.
Я частичку своей жизни оставил в Ютербоге Германии !

Offline Ivanych

• Пенсионер.
  • Massive Poster
  • СССР-Москва,ГДР-Ютербог,Россия-Ульяновск.
« Reply #33 on: October 04, 2023, 09:49:19 PM »
I am adding the last screenshot from my previous comment.
Я частичку своей жизни оставил в Ютербоге Германии !