Other > Viruses and worms
Can someone check my combofix and HJT report please?
(1/2) > >>
philly12:
Hi, I caught a vundo varient awhile ago and have tried to get rid of it all.  I would REALLY appreciate it if someone could check my combofix and HJT logs. 

I'm somewhat new at this, so let me know if there is a problem with the logs or if i need to do something else.  Thank you in advance.

(P.S.- I have a lot of security programs and such so it may take awhile, sorry)
essexboy:
Please re-open HiJackThis and scan.  Check the boxes next to all the entries listed below.

O23 - Service: WJAMZNQBPK - Unknown owner - C:\DOCUME~1\GARYAN~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\WJAMZNQBPK.exe (file missing)

Now close all windows other than HiJackThis, then click Fix Checked.  Close HiJackThis.

--- Quote ---@echo off
sc stop WJAMZNQBPK
sc delete WJAMZNQBPK
exit
--- End quote ---
Next you will need to create the batch fix to do that copy and paste ALL of the above in the quote box to a notepad file. 
Then in the text file go to FILE > SAVE AS and in the dropdown box select SAVE AS TYPE to ALL FILES
Then in the FILE NAME box type fix.bat

This will create a batch file

Then run fix.bat by double clicking you may see a black box appear this is normal

Apart from that it looks clean
philly12:
okay, i have done exactly what you said.  Could you recheck it now please just to make sure?  I really appreciate your help, and you avast! guys are REALLY fast at what you do. 

I am just curious, what does the batch fix do exactly?

Also, should i run vundofix or another type of program in addition to HJT and combofix, or are these adequate?

Thank you again.  You guys do a great job.
essexboy:
Squeeky clean as far as I can see

--- Quote ---I am just curious, what does the batch fix do exactly?
--- End quote ---
The malware had installed a service - the first line stopped it and the second deleted it
--- Quote ---Also, should i run vundofix or another type of program in addition to HJT and combofix, or are these adequate?
--- End quote ---
no need
philly12:
thank you so much essexboy, I really appreciate your help.
Navigation
Message Index
Next page

Go to full version