Author Topic: Anyone here can help with browser issues?  (Read 844 times)

Offline Coolmario88

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
  • Bronies make the web go round
Anyone here can help with browser issues?
« on: October 24, 2023, 06:37:38 AM »
Hey everyone long time no see!  ;D
I'm just wondering if any of you can help with this YouTube issue I've been getting.. Like I use Mozilla Firefox and I usually use uBlock Origin and addons like Ghostery and Malwarebytes to help protect myself on the web from viruses and such.. But today I got the video player has been blocked due to using adblock on youtube issue.. I disabled all the adblockers on youtube and it still gave me the video player blocked message.. Upon my testing I found I had to uninstall ghostery and malwarebytes addons to get it to even work..

Anyone know of a work around for this so I can reinstall my additional browser protection?
Webbrowser: Mozilla Firefox
PC Specs: Intel i5-12400f, Nvidia RTX 3050, 16gb ram, 1.5TB SSD(s).

Online DavidR

• Avast √úberevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Anyone here can help with browser issues?
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2023, 12:10:31 PM »
Well YouTube (and its owner google) is aggressively trying to stop you using adblockers.

I don't know if it is detecting the presence of one of them even if off, you could try actually adding an exception for youtube.  If I remember it once threw up the you are using an adblocker screen again and I went through the process again.

If you looked at what is being listed in your adblocker, if I remember rightly there is a lot of google add urls listed if they are blocked then I guess the same would happen.

I'm not what I would consider a heavy youtube user (following the Ukraine situation) and there is no way I would pay almost ¬£20 a month for a Premium subscription. 
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.5.6116 (build 24.5.9153.762) UI 1.0.808/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security