Author Topic: device lost connection to dashboard  (Read 584 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Moritz15

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 7
device lost connection to dashboard
« on: November 02, 2023, 05:21:40 PM »
A device is listed as "last seen 10 month ago" even though it's actually online right now (and updated to the newest version of Avast Business Securty and virus definitions).

Any suggestions?

Offline Infratech Solutions

  • Avast Reseller
  • Super Poster
  • *
  • Posts: 2387
  • Mayorista e integrador de Avast en España
    • Ciberseguridad Avast para empresas y MSPs en España.
Re: device lost connection to dashboard
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2023, 06:18:14 PM »
We have the same problem on diferent customers.  >:(

We opened a support ticket (#19341032) but, as we cannot generate a remote support package from Avast Business Hub (with the logs that AVAST need to analize the issue), the fix sugested by AVAST is a manual and localy reinstall  :'(:


First, remove the device from Business Hub.

Then you should uninstall all Avast Business products like any other program in Windows. (if it removes it automatically skip this step)

After that, you should restart your device.

The next step would be to remove any possible unwanted leftover folders:
1.   C:\Program Files\Avast Software
2.   C:\Program Files (x86)\ Avast Software
3.   C:\ProgramData\ Avast Software
 Also, check for (and remove) the following registry key:
1.   HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ Avast Software
After you successfully removed all the leftovers you can proceed with the fresh installation with the new installer from Business Hub.

Offline Moritz15

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 7
Re: device lost connection to dashboard
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2023, 01:25:44 PM »
Thanks for your reply.

Well, it was actually a little more complicated.

Avast Antivirus was not listed under programs and features to be uninstalled normally. So i used avast clear to uninstall it. Unfortunately the safe mode of Windows 10 on this device only gave me a black screen. I could get past this problem by switching to an oldschool VGA cable (instead of DVI).

After using avast clear, there was a lot of leftovers. Actually I could not see what was "cleared" at all. Anyway, I deleted the folders and the registry entries as suggested and added the device (again) by the console (msi) and now it shows the device as online again.