Author Topic: AVAST Browser - removing entire history of X formerly twitter?  (Read 2299 times)

Offline Christine69

AVAST Browser - removing entire history of X formerly twitter?
« on: September 11, 2023, 11:40:12 AM »
Hello, so I have been on X for not even a couple of months, and yesterday after being on my laptop for many hours, AVAST started freezing pages. Facebook, X, Outlook, Joplin etc. I searched for the issue on my phone and uninstalled Avast to the point of repairing not fully uninstalling. However, when I went to login to X, my password was not working. I have only use AVAST Browser for X and when I searched my history....my entire, and I mean my entire history of being on X was completely removed. Completely, like I had never used it. My history for that evening started at 8:17pm. What I can't fathom is the entire history of X completely gone from all the other days?

Please can someone explain what has happened?

Offline JosefK

• Avast team
Re: AVAST Browser - removing entire history of X formerly twitter?
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2023, 05:51:45 PM »
Hello,

we apologize for any inconvenience caused by our browser.

The removed data was probably caused by not unchecking the "Also delete your browser data" option in the uninstall dialog during the repair process.

We'd like to improve the repair browser experience so that next time the option isn't selected by default.

I apologize again and wish you all the best.

Kind regards,
Josef