Author Topic: chromewebstore extensions blocked  (Read 1317 times)

Offline Ink!

chromewebstore extensions blocked
« on: November 14, 2023, 09:00:08 AM »
so i have avast secure browser, and i was going to chromeweb store to download an extension but, it turns out that chromeweb store doesn't not let me download extensions anymore, it says "Switch to Chrome to install extensions and themes", forcing me to change back to chrome, i checked the avast addon store for the extension i was looking for but couldn't find it.

Offline Sandu-RM

• Avast team
  • Taking care of the Secure Browser releases
Re: chromewebstore extensions blocked
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2023, 09:25:34 AM »
so i have avast secure browser, and i was going to chromeweb store to download an extension but, it turns out that chromeweb store doesn't not let me download extensions anymore, it says "Switch to Chrome to install extensions and themes", forcing me to change back to chrome, i checked the avast addon store for the extension i was looking for but couldn't find it.

Hi,

thank you for your feedback, we are already working on fixing this issue and in the next release it should be OK. It happened because Google replaced their old chrome web store with the new one, which is not supported yet in Avast Secure Browser. Please use the following (old) link as a workaround: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/category/extensions

It looks like the old link doesn't work anymore and is redirected to the new one.

We apologize for any inconvenience caused.

Sandu
« Last Edit: November 14, 2023, 09:29:39 AM by Sandu-RM »

Offline Ink!

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2023, 09:29:50 AM »

Hi,

thank you for your feedback, we are already working on fixing this issue and in the next release it should be OK. It happened because Google replaced their old chrome web store with the new one, which is not supported yet in Avast Secure Browser. Please use the following (old) link as a workaround: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/category/extensions

Sandu

Hello, thanks for responding, i hope it gets fixed soon.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2023, 09:48:38 AM by Ink! »

Offline Sandu-RM

• Avast team
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2023, 10:18:54 AM »

Hi,

Sandu

Hi,

so the old CWS https://chrome.google.com/webstore/category/extensions works. In case it doesn't work for you, please try to clear cache and try again.

Sandu

Offline Ink!

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2023, 10:34:22 AM »

Hi,

Sandu

Hi,

so the old CWS https://chrome.google.com/webstore/category/extensions works. In case it doesn't work for you, please try to clear cache and try again.

Sandu

Helllo, thank you i have tried your method and it worked.

Offline fr.vinolas

« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2023, 01:34:13 PM »
Bonjour, Impossible de mettre une extension de chrome store....j'ai essayé votre ancien lien qui est aussi bloqué !!!

Offline Sandu-RM

• Avast team
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2023, 11:57:34 AM »
Bonjour, Impossible de mettre une extension de chrome store....j'ai essayé votre ancien lien qui est aussi bloqué !!!

Hi,

we're starting to release today a fix for this issue. Until you get the new version, please try accessing https://chrome.google.com/webstore/category/extensions. If it doesn't work then clear cache and try again.

Thank you

Sandu

Offline Jan235

« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2023, 03:15:04 PM »
It's now 24 november and it still doesn't work. When will it be fixed?

Offline edmabit

« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2023, 10:29:36 PM »
If it doesn't work then clear cache and try again.

A problem that Google redirects an old store to the new one, and there it is impossible to add any extension.

Offline Samarium

« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2023, 10:43:11 AM »
Clearing cache does not make the link work for me.

I used Avast>Settings>Privacy & Security>Privacy Cleaner - clear browsing data, and I only selected the cache option.

Offline Sandu-RM

• Avast team
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2023, 09:44:14 AM »
Hello,

please check your browser for an update by visiting this page: secure://settings/help. It should return you the updated version, that includes a fix for the issue.

We are sorry for any inconveniences caused.

Sandu