Author Topic: Information about Avast disappeared from the Event Viewer (Vista)  (Read 2289 times)

angie20

I've used this Advanced tool several times but today's log is quite unusual because:
the last information about the Antivirus application is from 2 January, 15:49. Nothing since that date & time. I'm very worried. Everywhere else the date is 9 January, so apparently something's wrong. Updates, warnings, errors, all should be there and it isn't.

Could it be that the logs have certain size and when they're 'full', I have to change the settings. I'm pretty confused, PLS help!

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: Information about Avast disappeared from the Event Viewer (Vista)
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2008, 05:44:32 PM »
Strange... but are the other logs (system, applications... and other Vista folders) empty as well?
The best things in life are free.

angie20

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2008, 05:49:02 PM »
I just saw new logs. Nothing from Avast from 2 to 10 January, but today just these two repeated 20! times:
  Info from aswChestS: chestNextFileLoc. 

Info from aswChestS: chestGetValueLoc.

I'm at a complete loss right now.
By the way, I had yet another infected file(a picture I downloaded)with MS04-028 JPEG [Expl] but nothing about that either. A gap between these 2 dates.

As for the other logs, they also were gone before, now they're here but I don't know which are expected to have sth in them. Right now most of them are empty...
I mainly use this tool for Avast information as I can't understand a thing from the other stuff:)

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2008, 05:59:39 PM »
I'm empty too... only Alwil team could guess what happened...
The best things in life are free.