Author Topic: Avast Business Hub - new devices not appearing  (Read 1494 times)

Offline MarcNJ

Avast Business Hub - new devices not appearing
« on: January 07, 2024, 12:30:56 AM »
Anyone else experiencing this issue (where new devices don't appear in the Avast Business Hub)?  This has been ongoing since at least Wed (probably earlier) and thus far Avast Support has mostly shrugged and said it is being worked on with no ETA.  Considering that there might be further underlying issues, this is definitely not good...

Offline Jaroslav20

Re: Avast Business Hub - new devices not appearing
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2024, 10:50:20 AM »
Hello,
the same is at us

Offline Tom610

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2024, 02:46:08 PM »
Confirmed, we have seen such a behavior and one customer reported the issue as well. Case is already open!

Offline Thomas327

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2024, 03:09:10 PM »
Confirmed, we have seen such a behavior and one customer reported the issue as well. Case is already open!

Offline Infratech Solutions

• Avast Reseller
  • Massive Poster
  • Mayorista e integrador de Avast en España
    • Ciberseguridad Avast para empresas y MSPs en España.

Offline MarcNJ

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2024, 10:40:29 PM »
Glad to see they finally posted it, although they confirmed with me via a manager's response yesterday that it was going up on the status page.  But it really should have went up days ago - to avoid the unnecessary back-and-forth communication of customers/partners with Avast Support just to find out it was a known issue.  Let's see if they keep the status page up-to-date with updates on this bug...

Offline Tom610

« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2024, 01:50:07 PM »
Glad to see they finally posted it, although they confirmed with me via a manager's response yesterday that it was going up on the status page.  But it really should have went up days ago - to avoid the unnecessary back-and-forth communication of customers/partners with Avast Support just to find out it was a known issue.  Let's see if they keep the status page up-to-date with updates on this bug...

What you are talking about is a big topic, in my opinion, and does occur from time to time! I can see this especially with Avast support situations... But would but relevant yet for all other software vendors...
There is no mechanism in Avast support team that will prevent such situations. In my opinion this would be ideal for some kind of AI: It would scan support cases/mails with similar topics and reports those to the head of support team (if such exists?!?!?). The team than can go into detail and decide if AI is right.
Otherwise real people would need to do this...
In addition to this: We have often Hub mails with false positive detections. The same goes for this: The AI would scan outgoing Hub Mails with the relevant detections and create an alert if the amount of detections is above average...

Avast, customers and partners would only benifit from this...

Offline Tom610

« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2024, 02:01:38 PM »
In addition to this case: It seems that the hub also lacks some kind of update regarding newly activated services.
I have just activated a customer with new PM licenses... the licenses have been assigned but yet after quite some time no device has PM active/green...  ???