Author Topic: File could not be scanned  (Read 2659 times)

CincyScott

File could not be scanned
« on: February 01, 2008, 05:42:41 AM »
I'm running the Avast! virus cleaner and have a few files that come up saying "file could not be scanned!". I went to the FAQ section of the site and saw this:

"Q: When the file scanning is finished, avast! comes up with a number of files listed as "unable to scan", even though I have used a thorough scan. Should I be concerned?
A: Some files are permanently locked by the system or they are in password-protected archives. These files cannot be scanned. It is normal and you don´t have to be worried about that."

The problem for me is that those files are the ones my computer is saying is corrupt! Any suggestions?

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: File could not be scanned
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2008, 04:04:16 PM »
Corrupt files indicated may only mean that avast can't extract the files in an archive file, so it guesses at corruption. Can you give some examples of the file names (including file type, e.g. .rar, etc.) of the files that are corrupt ?

Again there is little to worry about if the file is corrupt there is little you can do other than try and find a replacement. But if your system is running find and you don't get error messages when running your applications that a file is missing or corrupt, you have little to worry about.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security