Author Topic: Avast E-mail Guardian issue  (Read 454 times)

Offline Francesco88

Avast E-mail Guardian issue
« on: January 31, 2024, 08:04:55 PM »
Good evening,

I hope someone can help, I'm using Email Guardian on Avast Premier to secure an Outlook e-mail account.
Unfortunately after a data breach on an online store, one of my e-mail addresses was leaked. I think because of that I keep receiving spam or phishing e-mail messages that neither Outlook (free account) nor Avast Email Guardian can block or at least identify and label them as spam or phishing. On the contrary Avast Email Guardian labels them as Avast:Safe

E-mail messages are clearly spam or phishing as the subject states: "Complete storage space" or "All your photos will be deleted" and the links in e-mail message clearly points to unsafe sites.

Thank you
« Last Edit: January 31, 2024, 08:08:27 PM by Francesco88 »

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
Re: Avast E-mail Guardian issue
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2024, 10:02:35 PM »
  I think because of that I keep receiving spam or phishing e-mail messages that neither Outlook (free account) nor Avast Email Guardian can block or at least identify and label them as spam or phishing.
Do you mark them as spam in Your Outlook so the filter learn ?

To my knowledge avast spam filter was removed in 2019
https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=235969.msg1555591#msg1555591

Quote:
Hi,

Please note that the Anti-spam feature was removed in the last update.
We strive to provide the best protection possible, and our research and comprehensive review of the feature showed that Anti-Spam wasn’t offering enough value to our customers. Given that email providers nowadays provide strong embedded anti-spam filters, we decided to focus our development efforts on adding value in other areas. Recently we introduced new features such as Remote Access Shield, Password Protection, improved botnet protection, etc. We think these new features — along with ongoing improvements to our other many features — provide advanced protection for our customers.

« Last Edit: January 31, 2024, 10:32:34 PM by Pondus »