Author Topic: breach guard: can we just delete the breached accounts instead of changing pw?  (Read 2172 times)

Offline blacknatty

I just downloaded the free version of Breach Guard. It found 7 accounts that were compromised. 4 of them I never use and don't even have passwords for any longer. Can the program just delete our accounts on these sites? That would be ideal. I'm sure others have this issue as well.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
First I don't use the BreachGuard product, so I can't speak from personal experience.  I'm not even sure there is a Free version of BreachGuard, possibly you downloaded a trial, for which payment would be required to continue with it after the trial.

I don't believe the program can just delete these accounts from within the sites as such.  I would image that you could remove these email addresses from within BreachGuard or add an exception.

I would have to ask how they managed to check for these email account anyway, unless they are all related to your existing email address (don't publish it) used on different sites  ?
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.4.6112 (build 24.4.9067.762) UI 1.0.803/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security