Author Topic: Please fix this problem  (Read 2220 times)

hacim

Please fix this problem
« on: February 04, 2008, 12:40:19 AM »
─░ was using a translator program that named "simka ├ževiri 2.0" and i am using avast home edition. Avast find a trojan in that program. But according to me this program is safe and it doesn't include any problem. Can you fix this. May it a wrong warning.
Note: i am Turk. My English isn't good.
Thank you..

philly12

Re: Please fix this problem
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2008, 02:57:05 AM »
If you have the file in the chest, you can extract it onto your desktop or someplace you can easily access.  Then go to virustotal.com and upload the file to this site.  It will check the file with many AV scanners and give you a result.  If many other AV's also say it is infected, then it prolly is (in this case, right click and scan the file with avast and either remove it or quarantine it again).  If only one or two say it is harmful, then it may be a false positive.

If it is a false positive, please send the file in a password protected zip as an attachment in an email to virus@avast.com with the password for the file in the text of the email.  Put false positive/undetected malware in the subject.

I'm not an advast admin, but this is pretty much their standard procedure for false positives.  I figured i would save them some time.