Author Topic: Avast Autoupdate feature not working after changing to high speed internet  (Read 3535 times)

Offline jimflint1

On Friday I finally dumped my dialup and got Comcast high speed, but now I keep getting the red pop-up Avast box that wants me to click on it for further info, and it tells me that I've not been able to download the updates. When I try to do it manually I get error messages as well, though not right away. Any solutions to this problem? Should I redownload Avast, and if so, will I still be registered or will I need to reregister?

Offline Tarq57

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • If at first you don’t succeed; call it version 1.0
Check under "settings" "update connections" it looks like the screenshot, or if you are permanently connected, tick the lower box.
Windows 10,Windows Firewall,Firefox w/Adblock.

Offline jimflint1

Hey, thanks! I'll give that a try.

Offline alanrf

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • Just an avast user
I am a long term user of Comcast and avast. 

My updates are working with the lower box (as shown in Tarq57's post) checked or with both boxes unchecked.

Let us know how you get on.

Offline jimflint1

It's still not working either way. I keep getting this message:

Information about current update:
Last encountered error: Cannot connect to download939avast.com
(unknown:80).

I'm wondering if it's a conflict with my Comodo firewall (which I already had prior to Comcast and was working fine with Avast), and my new router (I don't know enough about routers to know if I even need to continue using Comodo).

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
I'm wondering if it's a conflict with my Comodo firewall
Remove avast entries from Comodo and start an update again, allowing the connection.
Sometimes, just a firewall glitch...
The best things in life are free.