Author Topic: Issues with avast! Home 4.7  (Read 4572 times)

heinzguderian

Issues with avast! Home 4.7
« on: January 16, 2008, 07:18:26 PM »
Hi all,
   I have been an avast! user in the past with no problems, and have recently returned. However, ever since installing it I am getting several issues.

The first was an inability for anything requiring a network connection to run after I had done an initial full scan. No IE, no mail, nothing. I had to do system restore and re-intsall, and it seems ok now, but I will have to do another scan at some point......

The second one is more annoying in a way. Whenever I play games (most specificall COD4 or Star Wars Battlefront II), the mouse gets disabled and I have to reboot.

Andy ideas?

Thanks

Andy

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: Issues with avast! Home 4.7
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2008, 07:27:03 PM »
The first was an inability for anything requiring a network connection to run after I had done an initial full scan. No IE, no mail, nothing. I had to do system restore and re-intsall, and it seems ok now, but I will have to do another scan at some point......
Did you move any file to Chest or delete?
If not, avast just scan, does not block or manage files...
Do you have a firewall? Which one?

The second one is more annoying in a way. Whenever I play games (most specificall COD4 or Star Wars Battlefront II), the mouse gets disabled and I have to reboot.
Wow... what does this could be related to avast? ???
The best things in life are free.

heinzguderian

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2008, 07:30:06 PM »
I did move stuff to chest. I did a restore (within avast!) but it made no difference, that's why I did system restore.

As for the games, I know, it does sound very odd, but I have played these games for ages with no problems at all, and as soon as I put avast! on I get the problems.

Andy

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2008, 08:23:51 PM »
I did move stuff to chest. I did a restore (within avast!)
Which are the file names (and path) and the viruses names?

heinzguderian

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2008, 09:27:30 PM »
Viruses were:

Win32:Agent-PBF[trj] in M:\System Volume Information\_restore{loads of numbers......
Win32:Generic-AA[Wrm] in C:\System Volume Information\_restore{loads of numbers......
Win32:LdPinch-YW[trj] C:\System Volume Information\_restore{loads of numbers......
ELF:Local-J[EXpl] in C:\Windows\MiniDump

On reflection, perhaps I should have been a bit less cavalier about these!

Still, once I had restored them it should have been fine, but was not andit doesn't explain why my mouse has gone strange. Admittedly, it may just be coincidence that my mouse has gone haywire the exact moment I finished installing avast!

Andy

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2008, 12:49:07 AM »
Win32:Agent-PBF[trj] in M:\System Volume Information\_restore{loads of numbers......
Win32:Generic-AA[Wrm] in C:\System Volume Information\_restore{loads of numbers......
Win32:LdPinch-YW[trj] C:\System Volume Information\_restore{loads of numbers......
ELF:Local-J[EXpl] in C:\Windows\MiniDump
Hmmm... Not so easy to have these files and sent to analysis. Anyway, disabling System Restore and enabling it again will do the job, deleting all infected restore points.

About the mouse, do you have any other antivirus installed in your computer? Had in the past? Any other security software?
« Last Edit: January 17, 2008, 03:35:23 PM by Tech »

heinzguderian

« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2008, 10:17:25 AM »
Thanks for the replies. I'll disable system restore and try it again.

I had Spyware Doctor from PC Tools before I had avast!, but as far as I know I have completely removed it.

Andy

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2008, 03:36:06 PM »
Thanks for the replies. I'll disable system restore and try it again.
Don't forget to turn it on after that.
Please, keep asking for help about the mouse issue...