Other > Viruses and worms

McAfee subscription payment spoof

(1/2) > >>

bobgliniecki:
Hi
I clicked on a URL in browser search results that appeared to be legit. When the site loaded, it tried to install a virus on my PC that Avast flagged. However, on occasion, I keep getting the popup shown in the attached. How do I get rid of it?
Thanks

ltcpataylor:
I've been getting the same notification. Anyone out there know how to block it or remove it? AVAST is this something that you need to add to your list of maleware sites to remove from our computers?

DavidR:
First of al I'm an Avast user and not a member of the Avast Team.
Presumably neither of you clicked Update Payment button ?

As this right up to clicking (in my opinion) or the popup itself trying to connect/run something, this in itself wouldn't be considered suspect by Avast and alert.

You could report the gltuh.check-tl-ver54-1.com URL to Avast (but you sat that is being blocked (Avast Alert)) as a malicious site.

-  Reporting a possible False Negative - https://www.avast.com/report-false-negative#pc.
See attached image

bobgliniecki:
Hi

Geek squad helped me out.
When I first clicked on the suspect link, apparently it changed a notification setting in Chrome (I noticed that the problem did not occur when I used Edge). There was no virus on my PC,  but if you clicked on the link, some type of malware would be installed. The Geek Squad tech was familiar with the issue. He changed the notification setting, and fixed the problem in about 5 minutes. Unfortunately I don't know the specifics of what setting he changed.

DavidR:
Thanks for the update.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version