Consumer Products > Avast Free Antivirus / Premium Security (legacy Pro Antivirus, Internet Security, Premier)
Avast blocking execution of PowerShell
(1/1)
KeiserSoze:
Hi,
It seems that from some time of this year Avast started to block PowerShell on my pc.
Major  Minor  Build  Revision
-----  -----  -----  --------
5      1      22000  2538

If I disable Avast, PS is executed quite fine. If Avast is enabled, execution of the any command does not show any error, I just get empty prompt.
Example screen shot attached.

I also have tried to add it in exception list, and to allowed apps list but it's not working either (the same result).

Regards,
K.

AvastGuy:
PS seems to work for me, at least opening a Powershell prompt and typing get-process works. I'm on Windows 10 with Avast free version 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.832). On another note, I noticed that I cannot compile Papyrus apps for the past couple weeks, and I traced it to the "Anti-Rootkit Shield." Turning that off allows me to compile again. Maybe that is also affecting you?
KeiserSoze:
Yes, you are right! When "Enable Anti-Rootkit shield" is disabled, starting PS works fine. When the PS is started, it works fine at least what I tried so far.
Also running the "powershell ...." in the command prompt is not working when this is enabled.

Now @Avast can you do something about this?

Regards,
K.
mchain:
Hello,

Seems as if you both are advanced, so here is a link to an avast anti-rootkit shield article:  https://businesshelp.avast.com/Content/Products/AfB_Antivirus/ConfiguringSettings/CoreShieldSettings.htm

Of course these settings may or may not be available in consumer-grade applications tho.

For Avast Premium Security Menu>Settings>Search>Geek:Area will give you a hidden settings area but no anti-root settings available there.

Menu>Settings>Protection>Core Shields will show anti-rootkit but no settings to modify other than to turn on or off.

KeiserSoze:
Thank you for suggesting, but additional things will not resolve the issue.
As you have noticed there is only on/off and this is not the solution I'm satisfied with.
I would expect if something is put to the exception list, it would be on the exception list and would not trigger Avast security (or at least the available possibility to extend the behavior of how Avast would react in an exception situation)

Tnx,
K.
Navigation
Message Index

Go to full version