Consumer Products > Avast Mac Security

Unable to remove threat

(1/2) > >>

ana_mc05:
Hi everyone,

I ran a scan on my Mac and found originally one threat, but running a second scan, a second one showed up: MacOS:Adload-CS (Trj) with the infected file being XProtect.yara.I read this was an issue with MacOS in 2021 and have kept my software updated

The problem is that when I click to solve the threat, Avast is unable to remove it. I am out of options on what to do, so are there any options that anyone knows?

Thanks in advance!

kazuki666:
I have the same problem. Is it due to incorrect virus definition? I saw the following webpage and I do not know if they are related.

https://eclecticlight.co/2024/04/23/apple-has-just-released-updates-to-xprotect-and-xprotect-remediator-11/

dvarlamov060:
Was looking for an answer - but saw that I'm not the only one with this problem.

kazuki666:
I re-scan my computer this morning. Avast shows no threats found. I guess they fixed the problem.

Kelly35:
The same thing just happened to me while doing a deep scan.  Same message..MacOS:Adload-CS (Trj) with the infected file being XProtect.yara.  I keep trying to resolve it, but it's not working.  Is it anything I should be deeply concerned about and does anyone know how to fix the problem?  I'm brand new here tonight so I'm hoping that I am asking my question correctly.  Thank you for any info anyone might be able to provide!

Kelly

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version