Author Topic: Powered Key Logger issues  (Read 3513 times)

Aeiou

Powered Key Logger issues
« on: January 17, 2008, 07:58:53 AM »
Powered.Keylogger.v2.2.1.1920 and Avast

For the past 3 months I have been running Powered Key Logger with little to no problems .. about a week ago the program started to act glitchy and reboot my PC every time I restarted the logger (only ran the logger when kids were home) .. yesterday Avast Home flagged 2 parts of the logger program (C:\windows\igdbc\msk.exe & C:\windows\system32\drivers\igdbc.sys) .. unless I chested the 2 files my system would reboot as soon as I tried to do anything and chesting the files made the logger not work of corse .. so I added the 2 files to the do not scan list, reinstalled the logger and all is fine now .. because Powered Key Logger was working fine for a few months I am guessing it was Avast .. if anyone has any thought on this I would like the input

Offline Maxx_original

• Avast team
  • Super Poster
Re: Powered Key Logger issues
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2008, 10:16:38 AM »
since this tool could be abused, it's good to know about its presence imho... if the software is detected by some behavior blocker or by antivirus doesn't really matter, but you must have the choice what to do... when you are sure, that you want to use this software (potential "riskware"), you can add it to exclusion lists and let it do its job.. it's a common policy in security software, i think..

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: Powered Key Logger issues
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2008, 03:36:58 PM »
you can add it to exclusion lists and let it do its job.
For the Standard Shield provider (on-access scanning):
Left click the 'a' blue icon, click on the provider icon at left and then Customize.
Go to Advanced tab and click on Add button...

For the other providers (on-demand scanning such as the screen-saver or the Simple User Interface):
Right click the 'a' blue icon, click Program Settings.
Go to Exclusions tab and click on Add button...

You can use wildcards like * and ?.
But be careful, you should 'exclude' that many files that let your system in danger.
The best things in life are free.