Author Topic: New avast! skin for Professionals  (Read 32336 times)

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re:New avast! skin for Professionals
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2004, 08:24:01 PM »
Here is my latest one... this one is dedicated to RejZor

Nice work... Nobody will be allowed to say that avast! is not 'professional' anymore...
When will I receive my dedicated skin?  ;D
Good work Sasha, when you 'start' my one, remember, let's make the minimalist... Wow  :o
The best things in life are free.

Offline RejZoR

• Polymorphic Sheep
  • Serious Graphoman
  • We are supersheep, resistance is futile!
    • RejZoR's Flock of Sheep
« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2004, 08:30:38 PM »
I checked and its really long address hehe

Ok this is probably the last version and i hope its no limitations to this :)

Here's the example:
Visit my webpage Angry Sheep Blog

S.Z.Craftec

« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2004, 08:38:12 PM »
No, I decided.. this is the last version:

Offline RejZoR

• Polymorphic Sheep
  • Serious Graphoman
« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2004, 08:45:57 PM »
Don't know,but i think that avast! 3D text looks too gamey and Start/Stop buttons are still not in the perfect place...
I know you're working hard,but you know...

S.Z.Craftec

« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2004, 08:59:03 PM »
3D logo can't look "gamey". It's standard Tahoma font and I think it looks professional enough to leave it there...

Start and Stop buttons... I think it's the only logical place where I should leave those buttons. Below all other function buttons... and I still have enough room to place those sliding windows...

Cheers !

P.S. "avast! Antivirus" sign in your previous post looks just like all other antivirus programs. Kinda ordinary, and I don't want to loose my originality because of some let's call it "standard" antivirus look. I think it's good now, no "gamey" signs at all...

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2004, 09:10:36 PM »
Minimalist will be our secret project...  ;D

Sasha, these are opinions... Don't let them affect your work, originality, happiness and so on...

We love your skins as they are  8)

S.Z.Craftec

« Reply #21 on: March 13, 2004, 11:46:09 PM »
Technical... I was thinking of minimal-style skin a lot. O-Sti-X skin is pretty small. the biggest problem is Display area. No matter how small skin I design, I'll always need pretty wide area reserved for displaying scanning info... You see, for example, O-Sti-X skin, as it's name says, is like a little stick. I could make even smaller command/button area (in hight), but still, display area will be quite large...

Anyway, my Brasilian friend... this is what I came up 2 minutes ago... this one is dedicated to you, hehe  ;D

S.Z.Craftec

« Reply #22 on: March 13, 2004, 11:50:01 PM »
OK, RejZor my friend... I'm going to prove you that I like to listen my friends and avast! users...

This is final version of "Professional skin". I considered few things that you pointed, so I came up with this. I think, this one would be OK and you'll like it very much...

I Just need to design those sliding panels (I have simple, but nice idea...  ;) ) and skin will be ready for publishing... of course if Vlk and rest of Alwil guys approve it.

Cheers !

Offline RejZoR

• Polymorphic Sheep
  • Serious Graphoman
« Reply #23 on: March 13, 2004, 11:59:11 PM »
Ok its approved from my side :D This is much much better ;)
Thanks

SKYCOMP

« Reply #24 on: March 14, 2004, 01:57:39 AM »
Hey, how about doing one in the free Home Edition with a Star Wars Theme? Or better yet, i'll plead with you on this one as its a all time favorite hardly found anymore, at least here in the USA, BATTLESTAR GALLACTICA, and by the way a friend from Edmonton, Alberta tells me Lorne Greene alia Commander Adama was a Canadian! What a tremendous tribute it would be to his memory & that of the loyal remaining followers of that TV series. Thanks.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2004, 02:05:37 AM by SKYCOMP »

Summoner Yuna

« Reply #25 on: March 14, 2004, 02:21:07 AM »
SKYCOMP, While a star wars theme would be nice (and someone else wanted Harry potter  :( ) Sasha has stated he is holding off on those kinds of skins for a little while.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2004, 02:21:30 AM by Summoner Yuna »

shgoh

« Reply #26 on: March 14, 2004, 03:03:39 AM »
so I decided to make one skin looking little bit more professinal... I don't know if I succeded...

you did it... ;D

this skin looks really cool... ;D....keep up the good work

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #27 on: March 14, 2004, 03:55:31 AM »
Technical... I was thinking of minimal-style skin a lot. O-Sti-X skin is pretty small. the biggest problem is Display area. No matter how small skin I design, I'll always need pretty wide area reserved for displaying scanning info... You see, for example, O-Sti-X skin, as it's name says, is like a little stick. I could make even smaller command/button area (in hight), but still, display area will be quite large...

Anyway, my Brasilian friend... this is what I came up 2 minutes ago... this one is dedicated to you, hehe  ;D

Sasha, suggestions (if posible, I don't know, you rule in skins not I):
1. Remove the text explanation of the buttons (remain just the 3D style and the common meaning of them, everybody will understand I suppose).

2. The display area could be 'hidden'? I mean, like a window that is shown and goes back 'into' the skin again (like the blue panel that appears and goes away after a VPS update but, in the skin, the panel will be back if the user 'calls' it, right click the skin, etc.). Do you understand (my English is not good today...).

3. About the other skins suggestions, just remember the Copyrights stuff that we discussed about Matrix.

4. About the 'professional' skin it's perfect like all other that you did  ;D

S.Z.Craftec

« Reply #28 on: March 14, 2004, 06:28:16 AM »
1. If I remove that text, I'm sure skin will look like nothing... totally empty. too much space to place just those little icons. And I think everything looks much more professional with text. It's not my fault. Maybe Alwil should put those words inside their code, so when user change default language, all those commands would be on his language and undestandable for him...

2. If I undestood you well, you want display area to be hidden... Anyway, all those scanning information are all the time visible and on the screen. Why would you want display area to be hidden ?

3. Copyright issue ? What's that have to do with this skin ? All those graphics you can see on this skin are 150% mine and drawn by me. I never took anyone else's work and pretend that is mine, I would never do that... I hate people who steal other people's work... Don't worry about that Technical... 3D avast! logo I made using Swift 3D, LCD flat monitor is my friend's monitor - photo was taken with his Olympus digital camera. Planet Earth sphere was made by me 6 or 7 years ago using Real3D (Good old Amiga 1200). Picture of little virus in between LCD and planet Earth I scanned out from my very old biology book from elementary school... that gentleman who wrote that book is my ex biology professor and still my very good friend. I don't think he's gonna be mad about this one,  ;) The only one who can sue me is Martin...  'cause I keep using his wonderful avast! command icons  ;D Hello my friend Martin !!! I'm still waiting for that letter/e-mail you promised me !  ::)

4.) No it's not perfect, nor the others. I like them a lot, but I'm aware that those are not perfect... that's the fact. I always think I could make those better than they are right now...

Cheers !
« Last Edit: March 14, 2004, 06:43:33 AM by S.Z.Craftec »

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #29 on: March 14, 2004, 02:43:26 PM »
1. If I remove that text, I'm sure skin will look like nothing... totally empty. too much space to place just those little icons. And I think everything looks much more professional with text. It's not my fault. Maybe Alwil should put those words inside their code, so when user change default language, all those commands would be on his language and undestandable for him...

Can't you just take off that words? Let just the icons. This is the minimalist concept (I'm not thinking in the professional one, but in the minimalist).

2. If I undestood you well, you want display area to be hidden... Anyway, all those scanning information are all the time visible and on the screen. Why would you want display area to be hidden ?

I don't want that information all the time, the minimalist skin could show only when the user wants, for instance, right click the skin or pass the mouse over it. That was I mean.

3. Copyright issue ? What's that have to do with this skin ? All those graphics you can see on this skin are 150% mine and drawn by me. I never took anyone else's work and pretend that is mine, I would never do that... I hate people who steal other people's work... Don't worry about that Technical... 3D avast! logo I made using Swift 3D, LCD flat monitor is my friend's monitor - photo was taken with his Olympus digital camera. Planet Earth sphere was made by me 6 or 7 years ago using Real3D (Good old Amiga 1200). Picture of little virus in between LCD and planet Earth I scanned out from my very old biology book from elementary school... that gentleman who wrote that book is my ex biology professor and still my very good friend. I don't think he's gonna be mad about this one,  ;) The only one who can sue me is Martin...  'cause I keep using his wonderful avast! command icons  ;D Hello my friend Martin !!! I'm still waiting for that letter/e-mail you promised me !  ::)

I'm not an expert about these things. Do you remember Matrix skin and the raman's posts?

4.) No it's not perfect, nor the others. I like them a lot, but I'm aware that those are not perfect... that's the fact. I always think I could make those better than they are right now...

To an artist, a master piece is never done, it could always be better. Ask Michelangelo...  ;)