Author Topic: Does Avast 5 Development on-going? What can we expect in next release?  (Read 2560 times)

jasonago

Hello guys, I've read in one of the forum posts that avast 5 will not be skinnable anymore. Putting the "skin" issue aside, I was at hopes that development of avast 5 is really on-going.

I just want to ask if what features have already been finished and what are the new features we should expect.

Also is there any target date for the beta version or at least an alpha release?

The avast! 4 antivirus is relatively old compared to other antiviruses around. Although we may applaud how futuristic this program in its time, still in todays escalating security threats, the status quo calls for something new and more stronger than what we have right now. As we all know avast programs are still vulnerable to simple task kill routines...And so many other areas that needs to be taken into consideration...

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: Does Avast 5 Development on-going? What can we expect in next release?
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2008, 06:15:35 PM »
Also is there any target date for the beta version or at least an alpha release?
As far we know, no.
The gold version is expected to 2nd semester.

As we all know avast programs are still vulnerable to simple task kill routines...And so many other areas that needs to be taken into consideration...
They will add antikill feature, if I'm not wrong, on version 4.8 that will be released as beta in February.
The best things in life are free.