Author Topic: Using Interactive selection with scheduler  (Read 2002 times)

CDNKIWI

Using Interactive selection with scheduler
« on: January 21, 2008, 09:23:56 AM »
I want to use the scheduler to scan all my drives once a week: I have done that. I also want to schedule a scan of a certain number of folders once a day.  I can do that using Interactive Selection but how to a Schedule a an Interactive selection to scan certain folders? How does the system know which folders to scan? Does it pick it up from the interactive selection tasks? If so, what happens if I create more than one Scan:interactive selection by copying the original one ???

Cheers

CDNKIWI

Re: Using Interactive selection with scheduler
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2008, 07:21:48 PM »
I have answered my own question, thanks.

I looked at it more carefully. If you look at the properties of the Default task, "Scan: interactive selection", and enable the advanced configuration there is a scheduling property. Open that and it tells you which scheduled event it is associated with: "This task is scheduled by the following scheduler event...". You can even modify that scheduled event from this window  8).

However this does not accomplish what I was originally trying to do. That is, schedule a daily task to scan my Documents folder only. The "Scan: interactive selection" as the name implies is an interactive scan, prompting you to select which folder or drives you want to scan. I want it automated.

So you have to make a copy of the "Scan local disks" task, modify it to suit by adding exclusions and associating it with a scheduled task named "scan Documents" or something like that.
Now I got it.

I feel like I am talking to myself here so I better sign off  ;D
« Last Edit: January 22, 2008, 07:40:48 PM by CDNKIWI »