Author Topic: Avast on PCs not communicating with ADNM  (Read 6393 times)

wiggle

Avast on PCs not communicating with ADNM
« on: May 24, 2011, 05:31:09 AM »
I'm new to Avast. We are running ADNM console version 4.8 Avast running on pcs but doesn't seem to gets its update from the server it' going to the internet also the pcs license are older than the one on server so pcs don't seem to comunicate with the server. (we have updated the license file a month ago on the server I had to issue new certificate as well not sure if that have affected it).
ADNM setup looks fine it's discovering pcs fine , all are listed under the correct domain under the computer catalog the properties for the domain for updates showing AMS option ticked. Any ideas of what else to look for to fix this issue.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2011, 06:06:39 AM by wiggle »

wiggle

Re: Avast on PCs not communicating with ADNM
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2011, 04:51:08 AM »
Please help, anyone with idea about what to do or if there are any logs to look at to investigate it further

Offline .: Mac :.

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Ultra Poster
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2011, 01:52:46 PM »
The new license would automatically be relayed to the clients. Are any Clients checking in with the server? Look at the last communication stat under the client details in the console.
"People who are really serious about software should make their own hardware." - Alan Kay

wpn

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2011, 03:38:58 PM »
what you can do is directing the client manually to the ADNM server instead of relying on the settings set in the communication....

open a dosprompt and browse to the avast installation directory
(something like:  c:\program files\Avast.....)

aswchams.exe xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx  (ip address of the AMS server)...
do a manual update from the client and it will show you which server it used to update.

wiggle

« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2011, 02:25:53 AM »
Thank you when I ran that command it showed the pc pointing to the correct server that's whay I'm a bit  puzzled becuase when I run the update it seems to be pointing to an external server as below.