Author Topic: NEW Avast version 24.8  (Read 9495 times)

Offline sj.vegetto

Re: NEW Avast version 24.8
« Reply #30 on: September 04, 2024, 11:45:15 PM »
I complain about this month or 2 ago and I gonna complain again.

AVAST for last few builds currently on (24.8.6127 (build 24.8.9372.869) is for some reason stopping  "turn off monitor at set time" upon first boot into windows, and will not work unless you move mouse around click mouse buttons upon first boot to windows 10. After that it will  turn off the monitor at the set time, but if you dont monitor will never turn off.

I first noticed this on Win 10  and seeing I testing out Win 11 and did upgrade and then clean install of it after words monitor was turning off fine upon first bootup into windows without moving the mouse and or clicking before hand, Moment I installed Avast and upon first boot up the issue was back, Not bigg issue cause you have use mouse if you want use system, but if one turns pc and walks away for hour or what ever, when the come back monitor will be on still.

What is with all scare tactics in the  smart scan "advanced"  section and all that how do I turn that crap off.

And out pure curiosity, I booted up my old pc I gave to dad that been setting there for 12+ months not being touched or even turned on, there for had old build of avast, Monitor turn off function worked fine upon first boot and no mouse moving and or clicking reqiured. avast wanted update it went threw and issue was back. 

So it happen on personal pc when it was on win 10 and when it was on win 11 and it happen on my old pc upon avast update, Will give avast few builds to fix this, other wise I will just uninstall and stop using it on all pc's use MS defender only.

« Last Edit: September 05, 2024, 11:27:50 PM by sj.vegetto »

Offline Rundvleeskroket

• Poster
« Reply #31 on: September 06, 2024, 12:37:09 PM »
I updated from 24.7 to 24.8 a couple of days ago. My settings for updates of the program version are "remind me when a new version is available"

Today Avast automatically updated the program version to the latest (24.8.9372.0) without asking me, and it placed a new Avast icon on my desktop.

In settings it still says it will "inform me". But it didn't, and updated anyway.

So again Avast does not respect user preferences.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2024, 12:58:11 PM by Rundvleeskroket »

Offline Rundvleeskroket

• Poster
« Reply #32 on: September 06, 2024, 12:47:09 PM »
Also, the Avast GUI now says "Thanks for joining" as if I'm a new user  :o

Offline wir1313

« Reply #33 on: September 06, 2024, 10:34:49 PM »
It looks like the problem can still happen sometimes. Much less often, about 90%, but it still happens sometimes.