Author Topic: Avast! ashwebsv isn't releasing tcp connections  (Read 2213 times)

danrulz12

Avast! ashwebsv isn't releasing tcp connections
« on: January 22, 2008, 10:38:23 AM »
I know how avast! works by acting as a proxy for all tcp traffic, but the problem is after i close my web browser (firefox) it still maintains alot of these connections. Nothing short of restarting will close them. I have checked to see firefox still isn't running in the background and it isn't so i don't really know why ashwebsv isn't releasing the connections. It isn't really causing any problems, its just annoying. Can anyone tell me if this is a known problem or if there is a fix for it.

Regards, Daniel

rassel

Re: Avast! ashwebsv isn't releasing tcp connections
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2008, 10:06:02 AM »
What annoying do u mean? And please simplified the problem you have in easier way to understand it
« Last Edit: January 24, 2008, 10:07:36 AM by rassel »

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Avast! ashwebsv isn't releasing tcp connections
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2008, 01:44:52 PM »
If you can provide some more information, extract of the firewall logs or image of the log, etc.

You have to see if it is a localhost (your local computer not internet) connection that is open, those are the ports that avast listens on to intercept http traffic to your browser. So in my firewall I see localhost:loopback entries for firefox and ashMaiSv.exe (Web Shield)
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security