Author Topic: files that cannot be scanned  (Read 4683 times)

galooma

files that cannot be scanned
« on: March 14, 2004, 12:42:57 PM »
hi everyone at avast , im wondering what , if anything needs to be done with the list (usually around 20-30) files that come up on scan results as unable to be scanned. I think password protected is one of the reasons listed ,Iwould cite them all but i havent worked out how to review the results of previous scans either so im working from memory here .Not a big problem but i would appreciate any feedback :)

Offline pk

• Avast team
  • Super Poster
Re:files that cannot be scanned
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2004, 01:23:32 PM »
We're unable to work with the archives which are password protected; simply, because we dont know it. You can enable reporting if you give a green light to [Settings\Report file\Create report file] and e.g. turn [Soft errors, Skipped files] on.

galooma

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2004, 05:51:24 AM »
thx pk does this mean i should remove passwords before scanning ? or maybe just scan those files in isolation if they cant be deleted?    :-\

Offline pk

• Avast team
  • Super Poster
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2004, 09:29:12 AM »
No, you dont need to move those files anywhere, scanner will skip them and inform you they're under password protection.

shgoh

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2004, 10:03:07 AM »
thx pk does this mean i should remove passwords before scanning ? or maybe just scan those files in isolation if they cant be deleted?    :-\

you may not be able to change the properties of such files...so just ignore them... ;)

galooma

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2004, 10:52:56 AM »
ok thanks a heap for takin the time . 8)