Author Topic: Changing the Notification pop-up during a scan  (Read 3344 times)

Darth AkSarBen

Changing the Notification pop-up during a scan
« on: January 25, 2008, 12:52:57 AM »
Avast! did an EXCELLENT job last night of scanning.  Found things that AVG had missed.  However, as it goes along when it finds something it pops up a window with message stating what it has found and waits for me to tell it to delete it, rename it or send it to the "chest"  I sent all but one to the chest.  How can I configure it so that when it scans and finds a malware or virus that it automatically sends it to the chest without my intervention?  I just let it run all night doing it's scan, but periodically had to tell it to put it in the "chest".

Three items are also 'grayed' out in the setting  1. Status information  2. Last scan results and 3. View scan results.  Why are these items not accessible?

Just an extra note:  I upgraded to Avast!4.7 Pro tonight, just in case that makes any difference.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2008, 05:08:21 AM by Darth AkSarBen »

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Changing the Notification pop-up during a scan
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2008, 03:15:12 PM »
These automated options are only available in the Pro version.

This is a limitation of the Home (free) version that it has interactive input requirement, there have to be differences in the Home/Pro version and this is one of them, the programmers have to eat ;D

Now you have the pro version, you can use the Enhanced User Interface and set options as to what to do upon detection, repair, if doesn't work, move to chest, etc. etc. Sorry I can't explain how to set that up as I use the Home version.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.4.6112 (build 24.4.9067.762) UI 1.0.803/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Darth AkSarBen

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2008, 01:59:35 AM »
Thanks David!  Perhaps someone that has the Pro version might elaborate a bit on this setting using the Enhanced User Interface.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2008, 02:00:36 PM »
Your welcome, check out the avast help file there is a section on the Enhanced User Interface.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.4.6112 (build 24.4.9067.762) UI 1.0.803/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security