Author Topic: Sorry to make another Win32:TratBHO topic... I tried other posts first!  (Read 14483 times)

jaketulane

Re: Sorry to make another Win32:TratBHO topic... I tried other posts first!
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2008, 05:03:04 PM »
File/Folder C:\Users\jake\AppData\Local\Temp\ddaax.dl not found.

OTMoveIt2 v1.0.15 log created on 01292008_185620

i think one of the things you had me use might have cleaned it out when it cleaned temp files.

Yes... military. I'm actually in the computer field and I'd very much like to know if there's some sort of class or course or any good books out there to bring me up to speed on malware removal and recovery. I think it'd be very helpful in my line of work to know how to do the kind of things you guys do. (I'm a sysadmin for a VERY large network)

mauserme

« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2008, 05:15:25 PM »
Nothing I've used did any cleaning.  But I see you ran VundoFix a couple days ago and this very well may have. 

VundoFix created the file C:\VundoFix.txt - please post the contents of that and we'll have a look.

I'm actually in the computer field and I'd very much like to know if there's some sort of class or course or any good books out there to bring me up to speed on malware removal and recovery.
Geek U at Geeks to Go is one of the best places to learn.  Essexboy is a graduate from Geek U;  I am a Junior there.

http://www.geekstogo.com/forum/Would-like-to-learn-to-fight-malware-t4817.html

Yes... military.
Thank you  :)

jaketulane

« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2008, 05:32:10 PM »
Vundofix.txt wasn't found anywhere on my computer, and i have show hidden enabled in my folder options in control panel. I'm wondering if this was cleaned as well.

I actually didn't see anything come up when I ran this a few days ago, and still found viral remnants of the TratBHO a day or two later. I haven't had another outbreak of the infected .dll files since i ran combofix (i believe i actually saw it say it was cleaning my temp files at some point, or it may have been another program. i forget).

well, since i can't seem to find any more infected files, and nothing else scary appears in the log files, i'm thinking this one has been resolved (for now at least). what do you think?

also, thanks for all your help Mauserme. I'll definitely look into the Geek U training when I have more time
(college + studying for promotion board + 12 hour shift 6 days a week = very little free time)

(don't thank me for my service, there are far more deserving people getting blown up daily. I just fix computers in an air conditioned building. nice to have your support though!)

mauserme

« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2008, 06:24:37 PM »
I haven't had another outbreak of the infected .dll files since i ran combofix
If you can find C:\ComboFix.txt please post that one. 

well, since i can't seem to find any more infected files, and nothing else scary appears in the log files, i'm thinking this one has been resolved (for now at least). what do you think?
Well, I'm not seeing much in the logs you've posted but the ComboFix log might shed some light (if you can find it).  I would like to see it just to know that some sort of cleaning has actually happened.  Things that seem to dissapear with no explanation have a habit of coming back.

don't thank me for my service, there are far more deserving people getting blown up daily.
I thank them too - every chance I get.