Author Topic: access denied  (Read 3322 times)

waterbuffalo

access denied
« on: January 30, 2008, 12:58:24 AM »
hey, i have a virus, a trojan actually, and its really being a pain in my @$$, and i am about to reformat. 

the trojan in in my windows\system32 folder.  when i do a boot time scan it finds the virus, but when i say to move it to the chest, it says access denied.  i can't move it, i can't delete it, i can't do shit.  and for some reason i cannot get online with that computer, my firewall has been disabled, all kinds of crap is going on with that thing, so i have it disconnected from my network.  i had to borrow a friends external HD to even get avast on there.  so i can't d/l any other programs, i just need to somehow allow avast access to that folder so it can take care of that file.  how do i do this?  thanks a ton for any help. 

timcan

Re: access denied
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2008, 01:48:18 AM »
Hi, can you boot into safemode and scan with avast? Hope this helps.

waterbuffalo

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2008, 03:34:05 AM »
i've been in safe mode.  when i do a scan with avast, it first does that one little scan and tells me it found something, and after that it says my windows folder is infected and its dangerous to do anything with that virus in there, so it tells me to do a boot scan.  i have said no to that and scan anyway, it finds it but can't get rid of it. 

Darth AkSarBen

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2008, 08:25:49 PM »
This is one idea.  Remove the hard drive and put it in an external drive enclosure (that has usb connection).  Boot up in another computer that does have Avast! in it.  The go to the Windows\System32 folder and right click and choose Scan.  Since you are using a USB the Windows on your computer that you have the external drive connected to will not recognize those files as being protected, and you should have no "access denied" errors.