Author Topic: It's me again....about the same thing...  (Read 4036 times)

MaMa_T

It's me again....about the same thing...
« on: March 14, 2004, 08:11:52 PM »
This time when i scanned i got the Trojan showing up in the same program files...and asked to repair..and it said it successfully repaired both program files.   So i ran a scan again to double check  and WOW! It's there again...in the same files.....What the.......???? Is there no hope???? Will I ever get away from these annoying creatures????  HELP!    :'(   (too bad you don't have an icon of a person pulling out their hair...i'd use it!!!)  lol

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
Re:It's me again....about the same thing...
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2004, 08:19:16 PM »
Some more information would be usefull. Like what windows version, what is/are the trojan name(s), in what files are they found, what is the location of the files etc.

Max M.Wachtel III

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2004, 02:50:07 AM »
ma ma-
as to other posts: go to ZDnet download and get Ad-Aware and Spybot here is link:
http://downloads-zdnet.com.com/2001-20-0.html?legacy=cnet  Install both and run them -don't forget to update them before checking your system
then reboot your computer into "safe-mode" and run the
AVAST! . Safe boot will ensure a minnimum of programs and drivers loaded so it will be easier for anti-virus to run

peppery_23

Worried and Confused all in 1
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2004, 06:14:38 AM »
 :( Hi there well this is my first time using ur program and i find it to be very good. But i had loaded this program a few wks bk and when i applied to my pc this evening it said i had a virus which i find very disturbing, coz i hv a lot of stuff hre and i hate to loose any.
Im in dire need for some advise coz i tried deleting the virus but the same thing keeps sayin i still hv the virus.
So far all i can say is tht its some Win32.Trojan-gen(VC) , plz help me asap and its seems to hv infected my documents settings on the pc so far
ty u in advance

yodutch

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2004, 01:19:56 AM »
I had the same with a pc on a dial-up connection. I didn't know that it could be infected via a dial-up that fast! I knew that these things happened with static-IP's, but a dial-up???

I had a fresh reinstalled pc and was infected within 10 seconds after the first internet connection...  So I installed a firewall and I got rid of the problem. Seemed that the ISP-server was infected or something like that...