Author Topic: Bought Avast 4.7 Pro and I can't figure out activation?  (Read 2564 times)

Offline MarkJohnson

Bought Avast 4.7 Pro and I can't figure out activation?
« on: January 26, 2008, 11:33:52 PM »
I was sent a License.dat file in my email, but all it says is to put it in my program.  Anyone know what folder it is suppose to be in.

I tried tried opening it with word pad I think and it showed a registration code line and I just copied it in and it seemed to accept it.  But when I hit update it started to update files then just froze on me?

-=Mark=-

rassel

Re: Bought Avast 4.7 Pro and I can't figure out activation?
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2008, 04:49:59 AM »
Have you registered your avast program? its better to let avast update its own than updating your own on the avast program.You can update manually on the avast website but not updating on the avast program because i tried before that it will froze your computer

johndg

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2008, 12:20:11 AM »
Have you registered your avast program? its better to let avast update its own than updating your own on the avast program.You can update manually on the avast website but not updating on the avast program because i tried before that it will froze your computer

I don't think you understand. When you buy the family pack you do not get a serial number or license number. You get a License.dat file. You are told to insert it into the program, but are not given any instructions on how to do that. It says the instructions will be in the email with the license file and the email says it will be in the email with the license file. You never get the instructions. I hope this gets answered soon. We have 6 computers currently running on the demo mode and need to get them activated! :-[

Lawrence Foster

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2008, 08:03:21 AM »
John, I have the EXACT SAME PROBLEM!!!  I sent an eMail to the Help Desk tonight.  Between your posts and my eMail hopefully we find out how to obtain our Magic Keys....

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2008, 04:12:56 PM »
I would suggest that you contact sales @ avast.com without the spaces.

You could also try copying the License.dat file into the avast4 folder and see if that works. I guessing as this is similar to what the other avast programs that have multiple Pro copies do.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security