Author Topic: DHCP issue?  (Read 1896 times)

sanctuary24

DHCP issue?
« on: January 31, 2008, 06:52:52 PM »
Can someone tell me how to fix this issue

I get an error message (1002) in my adminstrative logs saying that the network card has been denied a lease by my DHCP server, how can I fix this?

it says that if two DHCP servers are running this can cause a conflict, I have a destop pc and a laptop using the same router please please help?

Version: 5.2
Symbolic Name: EVENT_NACK_LEASE
Message: The IP address lease %1 for the Network Card with network address %2 has been denied by the DHCP server %3 (The DHCP Server sent a DHCPNACK message).

Explanation
The DHCP Server service did not extend the lease on your computer's IP address, so your computer temporarily lost its connection with the network.

This could be caused by a scope change. For example, when a roaming laptop moves from one network to another, its IP address lease might need renewal. When the DHCP Client service tries to renew the address, that request might go to a different server that will not extend the lease either because it does not know about this address lease or because it has already issued the address lease to another client.

This also happens when two DHCP servers are configured to give out addresses in the same IP address range.